VOGONS

First post, by Blank_Redge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all. I’m looking for the OEM install disks and manuals for an Emerson computer I’m restoring. It’s a 500EC from back in 1990. I think this model was sold mainly through Wal Mart and the HH Scott rebranded version was also sold primarily through Damark. The standard software package included MS-DOS 3.31, Turbo Pascal 5, PFS Professional Write, Quattro, and NOWSpeak. I believe the menu program was called emenu (for Emerson menu) and was designed by ETPL publishing and may have been issued to other Emerson branded PC’s during the time. The menu program itself is not particularly outstanding but it was canon issue for this machine back in the day. The entire software package was released in 5.25 inch 1.2MB HD floppy disk format and has it’s own top level Emerson part number that could be re-order through the tech support help line number listed in the manual (I believe GE provided tech support at the time). I don’t recall the part number. I’ve so far searched the Internet Archive software libraries but didn’t find any correct hits. I was wondering if anyone here might have a copy of these resources or can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your replies.