VOGONS

First post, by SilverHawk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,
I am looking for a little assistance in locating a USB mass storage driver. I have successfully used NUSB36e on numerous Win98se builds. However, I have a situation with a certain machine in the collection. This is a Toshiba Portege 3025CT which I purchased open box back in 1998. I recently dusted it off and was looking to install NUSB36e from the proprietary external 3.5 inch floppy when I discovered that the drive decided to give up the ghost. Now wishing I had installed a USB mass storage driver sooner, I resorted to good ole network file share. This is when I found out that NUSB36e did not like my version of Win98. Specifically Win98 FE SP1. I did some obligatory searching of the internet and found several promising, but unfortunate dead ends. Any help finding a copy of a compatible USB mass storage driver is appreciated.

Thank you for any information.

Reply 1 of 5, by Yoghoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You need version 3.20 for FE. Don't remember where I found it and most links I try now are dead. Original named NUSB98FE.EXE I believe but mine is named USBdrvr-W98-FE-EN.exe.

If you can't find it I will upload it somewhere tomorrow.

Reply 3 of 5, by SilverHawk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yoghoo wrote on 2023-03-07, 00:09:

You need version 3.20 for FE. Don't remember where I found it and most links I try now are dead. Original named NUSB98FE.EXE I believe but mine is named USBdrvr-W98-FE-EN.exe.

Thanks, I have looked and found reference to this version, but no luck on the links I have found thus far. If you can upload somewhere, that would be great!

Reply 4 of 5, by Yoghoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SilverHawk wrote on 2023-03-07, 20:36:

Thanks, I have looked and found reference to this version, but no luck on the links I have found thus far. If you can upload somewhere, that would be great!

No problem. See attachment for the one I use on my Win98FE pc.

Attachments

• Filename
    USBdrvr-W98-FE-EN.zip
    File size
    952.03 KiB
    Downloads
    66 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 5, by SilverHawk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yoghoo wrote on 2023-03-07, 22:17:
SilverHawk wrote on 2023-03-07, 20:36:

No problem. See attachment for the one I use on my Win98FE pc.

Worked like a champ thank you! While I will still need to locate a replacement floppy drive, this makes file transfers much more convenient. Now to try out some dos games. The NeoMagic MagicGraph 128XD will likely be a challenge, but fun to mess around with nonetheless. Thank you again to you and all the Vogons gang!