VOGONS

First post, by sneeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ive been setting up a p233mmx, s3 virge and Sb AWE64 Value with windows 95, windows 3.11 and Windows 95 dos 7. I have all 3 installed and running, the problem I am having is with the Windows 3.1 software for the AWE64.

The driver cd that is available on the internet archive supposedly works with 3.1, but whenever I use that I get a midi error when windows 3.1 starts, dos and win95 work fine. So I downloaded an older driver thats just for dos and windows 3.1 but it checks the dos version and says to install the windows 95 software and quits. I'll try using a freedos bootable cd to see if the software complains but if not does anyone have any other ideas what I could try?

Thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I assume you're running Windows 3.11 under DOS 7 since you didn't mention any other DOS version, and that you're trying to install the older driver from within DOS 7 (or maybe Windows 3.11 under DOS 7).

Hopefully SETVER can do what you want in terms of spoofing the DOS version. I don't think I've ever used it before but it seems to show some useful information if you run SETVER /?

Reply 2 of 2, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's an utility called "DOSVER", too. Not sure if it's good enough, though.
http://ansis.lv/dosver/index.en.php

Good luck! 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//