VOGONS

First post, by nightowl24h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I am desperately looking for the sound driver for DOS for the Toshiba Satellite Pro 460CDT laptop that is bundled with the Windows 95-driver.
The file name is 440snd95.exe and it is unfortunately not available anymore under its original URL at https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHom … 70&osId=3333621
Is there anyone who is in possession of that file and can share it with me, please?
Many thanks!!!

Reply 1 of 6, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They do seem to have fallen off the web lately, even though the Toshiba site still lists it I don't think any of the files actually work now.

Have a go with this driver from an archive I put together from another defunct Toshiba site, it should work for 95 or 98:

460cdt-driver-archive.png
Filename
File size
57.48 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Attachments

Reply 2 of 6, by nightowl24h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote on 2023-06-24, 18:41:

They do seem to have fallen off the web lately, even though the Toshiba site still lists it I don't think any of the files actually work now.

Have a go with this driver from an archive I put together from another defunct Toshiba site, it should work for 95 or 98:

Many thanks, I will give it a try!!

Reply 4 of 6, by nightowl24h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jnnelson79 wrote on 2023-07-07, 20:35:

I have also found that going to that same Toshiba drivers page on Internet archive usually allows the files to be downloaded.

That worked!!! Many thanks!

I attached the Sound driver for Windows 3x, Windows 95 and Windows 98 as well as the DOS CD-Rom driver.

Attachments

• Filename
    480snd98.exe
    File size
    1.54 MiB
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    toscdrom.exe
    File size
    61.45 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    440snd3x.exe
    File size
    172.84 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    440snd95.exe
    File size
    1.05 MiB
    Downloads
    44 downloads
    File license

Reply 5 of 6, by jnnelson79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
nightowl24h wrote on 2023-07-07, 21:17:

I have also found that going to that same Toshiba drivers page on Internet archive usually allows the files to be downloaded.

I attached the Sound driver for Windows 3x, Windows 95 and Windows 98 as well as the DOS CD-Rom driver.

Glad it worked! I was pulling my hair out a couple months ago trying to find drivers and tried the archive on a whim.

Reply 6 of 6, by Vic Zarratt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nightowl24h wrote on 2023-07-07, 21:17:

The cd driver doesn't work 🙁

I added it to my config.sys as well as the correct autoexec.bat parameters for mscdex, but the toscdrom.sys driver will not load on my 460cdt, fitted with its stock SelectBay xm-1502b n.
Has anyone else noticed this?

I manage a pot-pourri of video matter...