VOGONS

First post, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys Im looking for some driver files that seem to be contained in two cab files found in the Win98 folder.
DRIVER22.cab and DRIVER23.cab.

Ive got several Windows 98 CDs. UK OEM, UK Retail, UK Retail Upgrade, US OEM, US Select but none of them have the two driver cabinets

Can anyone help?

What Im looking for is
aha894x.sys (DRIVER22.cab) Im also looking for any associated driver files to go with this.
1394bus.sys (DRIVER22.cab)
ohci1394.sys (DRIVER23.cab)
1394.inf (PRECOPY2.cab)

Reply 3 of 5, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The exact cabinet file location of these files is probably going to vary from one localized version to another, so it is pointless to ask people to make comparisons. The setup.txt file in the win98 directory has instructions (CAB FILE ERRORS) on how to manually dump the cabinet files using the Ext.exe utility. Instead of using *.* as indicated in the instructions, use the particular cabinet file names to dump them one at a time in order to see the contents of individual cabinet files. I would start with the highest numbered driver .CAB file and work backwards, i.e. if the highest is DRIVER20.CAB, start with that one and then do DRIVER19.CAB, etc.

Reply 4 of 5, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That was the first thing I looked at when I discovered there was no 22, 23 cab files in the UK retail version of the CD.
I actually extracted them all and pointed Windows to look at the contents while loading its drivers and it couldnt find them either.