VOGONS

First post, by trar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was trying to find the 3.2 patch for Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions, and while PCGamingWiki is usually pretty good about hosting patches themselves, their link to the patch is hosted on patches-scrolls.de which is currently down. Are there any other good patch sources (other than this website I guess) I'm not aware of?

Reply 1 of 8, by LSS10999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
trar wrote on 2023-09-04, 22:51:

I was trying to find the 3.2 patch for Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions, and while PCGamingWiki is usually pretty good about hosting patches themselves, their link to the patch is hosted on patches-scrolls.de which is currently down. Are there any other good patch sources (other than this website I guess) I'm not aware of?

What did the link point to exactly? If it pointed to the patch file itself you may try your luck with Internet Archive to see if that link (file) had ever been backed up before. If it's the download page then I'm not so sure.

Reply 2 of 8, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That took some digging.

Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions - Update Patch v3.2

Filename
rm32usec.zip
File size
3.02 MiB
Downloads
40 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Sharedigger.com can be useful when looking up specific filenames.

Reply 3 of 8, by trar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote on 2023-09-05, 00:23:
That took some digging. […]
Show full quote

That took some digging.

Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions - Update Patch v3.2
rm32usec.zip

Thank you very much. This site's a good source after all; I'm pretty glad it exists.

LSS10999 wrote on 2023-09-05, 00:17:
trar wrote on 2023-09-04, 22:51:

What did the link point to exactly? If it pointed to the patch file itself you may try your luck with Internet Archive to see if that link (file) had ever been backed up before. If it's the download page then I'm not so sure.

It pointed here: https://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/3348/7/29726

Reply 4 of 8, by LSS10999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
trar wrote on 2023-09-05, 04:34:

Just tried that page on Archive and I was not able to reach the actual file... after all, Internet Archive is not that good when it comes to JavaScript-powered pages.

liqmat wrote on 2023-09-05, 00:23:

Will give this a try if I need to find something that's hard-to-find due to link rot. Maybe it could be a good supplement to Internet Archive when it comes to old public downloads.

Reply 5 of 8, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I hope patches-scrolls.de can get back online. It's one of the few places where thousands of old game patches were still available. Some of those were from the DOS and Win9x era.

It would be pretty bad to lose all that.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 7 of 8, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2023-09-05, 09:28:

I hope patches-scrolls.de can get back online. It's one of the few places where thousands of old game patches were still available. Some of those were from the DOS and Win9x era.

It would be pretty bad to lose all that.

The de site seems to be back, but yea, it's rather disconcerting how many patches are available only there. What's even worse is the number of patches that were available on the older .com site that are not available on .de.

IINM I remember reading that people can request specific files from .com to be made available on .de. I don't know why they don't just migrate everything.