VOGONS

First post, by LadyAIluros

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Playing Ultima 6 and having a blast, but I have run into a problem that's keeping me from progressing. I am in Moonglow and I am trying to talk to the NPC that gives you t he daffodils and t he key to the crypt to get the Rune of Honesty and every time I talk to him I use the keyword "key" and the game just locks up. Keyboard doesn't do anything, music keeps going, mouse cursor does still work.

I don't remember where I got this particular set of U6 files, so if this is a case of "bad dump" and I need to move a save file how would I do that? Or my first thought is memory issues because DOS and high/extended memory shenanigans?

I also had a similar crash when I tried to talk to the little girl in Jhelom that tells you where the rune is and that you need a mouse to get it.

Reply 1 of 2, by reenigne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds like a bad dump problem to me. I don't think U6 needs/uses high/extended memory - and I think you'd get an error message rather than a crash if there was insufficient conventional memory. All the save files are in the "SAVEGAME" directory so you can just delete this directory on a fresh installation and copy the one from your current game to the same place.