VOGONS

First post, by torstn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi i am looking for the title of this game i tested a year ago ca

it was from the ega era i believe 1986-1988, had the magenta color palette (purple) but i remember the game only having 1 or at most 4 colors it was all purple/ish.... the title was ONE WORD
i always thought the title was OTOPOS but i checked it and thats a different game .... (maybe similar )

scifi game setting 1st person : you navigate through a spaceship with narrow corridors and crude early drawn graphics which imitate a 3d 1st person perspective
you could check on terminals and such things

Reply 2 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://www.mobygames.com/game/47974/cosmic-s … er-psychic-war/

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 3 of 5, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
torstn wrote on 2023-10-17, 15:58:

it was from the ega era i believe 1986-1988, had the magenta color palette (purple) but i remember the game only having 1 or at most 4 colors it was all purple/ish.... the title was ONE WORD
i always thought the title was OTOPOS but i checked it and thats a different game .... (maybe similar )

1 or 4 colors and purple being notable sounds a lot like CGA. The default CGA graphics color palette is black/cyan/magenta/white. Are you sure you are looking at an EGA game?

Reply 4 of 5, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
torstn wrote on 2023-10-17, 15:58:
the title was ONE WORD i always thought the title was OTOPOS but i checked it and thats a different game .... (maybe similar ) […]
Show full quote

the title was ONE WORD

scifi game setting 1st person : you navigate through a spaceship with narrow corridors and crude early drawn graphics which imitate a 3d 1st person perspective
you could check on terminals and such things

You're saying it isn't Oo-Topos? It certainly aligns with your description: https://www.mobygames.com/game/148433/oo-topo … creenshots/dos/