VOGONS

First post, by TheColourOfFear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, I'm new)
I just installed Communicator 4.8 on Windows 98se, and I was wondering if there was a way to change the link location for the toolbar (ex. toolbar>Communicator>raDio links to home.netscape.com/bookmark/4_8/tradio.html, or [navigation toolbar]>Shop links to home.netscape.com/bookmark/4_8/tshop.html, but I'd prefer if they were example.com or wherever (even being able to change the home.netscape.com/ portion would be helpful, because I'm okay with hosting replacements on my local network ) )

Reply 1 of 2, by progman.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bodge? Hosts file (or DNS if you're posh) for home.netscape.com pointing at a webserver on your LAN. Then just create the same directories and files!

Though looking at home.netscape.com, they say engineers are on it and will fix the issue. Yeah, sure they are!

Reply 2 of 2, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just had a look at Communicator 4.7 and I see what you mean. It's annoying that it has that menu and the toolbar button(s) which can't be changed (or at least it's not obvious how), when it also comes pre-loaded with lots of bookmarks (which also appear in a toolbar) that you can change!