VOGONS

First post, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My normal go-to tool for disk management - Partition Magic (v7) - is not happy trying to resize the NTFS partition I have NT4 installed on, always complaining that it was not properly unmounted. It will say this despite cleanly shutting down or rebooting from NT4, then booting using the PM boot disk.

Any other suggestions for how to resize the partition please? I just want to expand it into some free space.

Reply 2 of 3, by progman.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I like GParted too, have it on my network boot server to make the most dangerous game more convenient to play 😀

One thought for NT, what about a full check disk? chkdsk /s /v c: (double check those options) and reboot it, so it does the check during the boot. Then shutdown and try PM.

Reply 3 of 3, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Chkdsk was a good idea but it's complaining the partition was created by a newer version of Windows. I know I had some fun and games getting NT to install/partition the disk so maybe I created it with 2k or XP, I can't remember now. I'll give GParted a go other wise I think a re-install is on the cards. Thanks