VOGONS

First post, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys,

I've gotten my hands on Space Quest 4 16-Color version on 5.25" disks, but the last disk (Game Disk 3) has a tiny knock on its surface near track 50, preventing me from properly archiving the thing. The damage is affecting the file RESOURCE.003, and I'm afraid this rare version of the game seems nowhere to be found online.

Please note the 5.25" version has different file layout than the 3.5" version. They redistribute the assets across a different number of RESOURCE.00X files, so the two copies aren't interchangeable.

If anyone has this particular version (picture of the disk below), can you send me an image or at least RESOURCE.003 ?

Cheers!
(hopefully such requests are ok)

20240116_150142.jpg
Filename
20240116_150142.jpg
File size
1.11 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 2 of 3, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The 256 Color version is very common, and I found the 16-Color version on 3.5" 720K disks only. The 5.25" 16-Color version is quite elusive. None of the major archives seem to have it (REMOVED, REMOVED, REMOVED GOG).

Last edited by DosFreak on 2024-02-09, 03:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 3, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great news! After many-an-attempts, and I mean MANY, I managed to get a good read of the bad sectors. I'm guessing the kink got flattened between the drive heads and gave up after all those attempts 😅

I now have a good image of the disk... if anyone else needs it 🙃