VOGONS

First post, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm looking into releases of Need for speed III: Hot Pursuit to try and figure out which one I want to buy. So far I've found 3 different versions (excluding any re-releases, like Sold Out). I'm not sure if these are region specific, or just different versions of the official release. Does anyone either have the game from new and can verify what it looks like for your region, or have any insights to these please?

Option A

w5DADFa.jpeg
OmbUZDM.jpeg
7PAdLVm.jpeg

Option B

zR4DABC.jpeg
vkWfXaO.jpeg
YlzyCHT.jpeg

Option C

JJfstNk.jpeg
J3cviyf.jpeg

I'm slightly suspicious of Option C due to the Dice branding - possibly a kind of re-release?

Reply 2 of 5, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome, thank you, so that's potentially the North American release then. That tracks - I have the NA release of The Need for Speed SE and it has a similar command reference on the back of the jewel case.

Maybe Option A is the UK big box release of the same point in time...

Reply 3 of 5, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your option A has the jewel case from the european big box release of NFS3, it's identical to mine. Don't know did the central european countries (germany/france/italy) have localized editions but they should be easy to spot while shopping.

Option C is definitely some later rerelease, DVD case PC games weren't a thing in 1998 and started slowly appearing around 2000.

Reply 5 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The 3 main copies I'm aware of are:
"Standard" version which I suspect all 3 of these are here.
"Walmart" version which included the Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car
"Australian" version which included Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon.

Apart from the different cars only other difference is in Walmart had an additional opponent setting giving everyone the Pace car.

You can download all the official cars (including the official EA DLC cars) from here

http://nfsa.ca/c5010