VOGONS

First post, by egbertjan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If I want to start SimCity 2000 on my dos 6.22 computer, it freezes when starting the intro video.
If I put the rem on my Logitech driver in the autoexec.bat, the intro video does start. It doesn't matter which version of the logitech driver I use.

I get this error message

20240402_223742.jpg
Filename
20240402_223742.jpg
File size
1.76 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I use the logitech driver in combination with cloaking.exe. Simcity 2000 doesn't work without cloaking either. I would like to use the Logitech driver, because it only takes up 2KB of memory and cutemouse takes up 3KB of memory.
what can I do to get this working with the logitech mouse driver?

Reply 1 of 4, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had an issue with a serial Logitech mouse which caused the motherboard to get stuck in reset state. Change the mouse and try again.

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 3 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Maybe if you skip the into video actual gameplay will still work?
Edit SC2000.BAT and remove the intro line

Reply 4 of 4, by smtkr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you gone through the readme for that game and made sure you follow all of the recommendations? I haven't played it in 30 years, but I seem to recall using a boot disk back in the day for some reason, leading me to believe that it is picky about your config or has some kind of issue with one of the memory managers. You might find that you've misled yourself about the mouse driver (I played this with a logitech trackball 30 years ago).