VOGONS

First post, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would like to ask for some help about this combination.
I use Hoot a lot, and usually everything works fine, but trying to recording an MT-32 song I'm having a lot of trouble.
Soundtrack that I'm rtrying to record is Elvira Mistress of Dark OST. The first track starts with a single channel arpeggio and I'm having (timing? Jitter?) trouble.

Hardware that I use for recording is a Windows 7 hardware, with EMU 1616M installed. I've tryed everythig.... Now I've PC which start with black viper settings to load no services...
Its' an hardware dedicated to recording, so, no internet and no antivisus. I've tryed with midi test... But i've excellent result (1/max 2 millisecond and jitter of about 0.2 millisecond).

Inside hoot I've no regulation for midi, just midi device... Inside direct3D diag I coud not find anything about midi. Usually everything works fine... even inside hoot (maybe when more channel are involved) and falcosoft too works great (but no way it's impossible to fine elvira midi file).

I'll attach the start of the song. Maybe an owner of an MT-32 with hoot installed could do this test as well.

Thank you.

Aldo

Attachments

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub

Reply 1 of 1, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think I've got to give up.
I've installed from zero a new PC (Amed Phenom X4 870).
I've tryed with Windows 7 and 10 (now I'm using 10, release 17, no update as it's an out of internet hardware).
I've downloaded all the hoot version since 2012.
Seems like that with PC80286 (2012 version, before track split on screen display) this tracks works better than the new release even if, maybe (because of psycoacoustic) imho it's not perfect.
Recorded with Asio as well as WDM drivers (no change)
Midi Playback on MT-32 with other software like falcosoft, perfect as usual, that's why I started investigating on Hoot.

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub