VOGONS

First post, by Martin85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was using my old 386 for some relaxing gaming on the monkey island and I heard some weird clipping/distortion out of the headphones... Connected some speakers... the same! Then I went directly into the sound card of my main modern computer to record it and here you go... I guess it is some bad capacitors probably. What do you think could be the problem?

Attachments

Reply 1 of 1, by Martin85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, just did a total recap on this 2290. Now I have an actual dual slot sb16 😁 Couldn't get my hands on small 470uF 16V caps, so I used 470V 25V and are quite big, so I should take care when installing the card in the computer.

Anyhow, I have another problem right now. In the meantime, while this sb16 was on the workbench, I put in the computer an SB 2.0, never found the time to actually install the drivers and so on... Today I took it out and put the SB16 back in.
Turn the computer on.... greeted by HDD and FDD controller problems... Taking out the sb16 and changing slots to the controller solves the problem. Did anybody ever got to a problem like that?

My guess is some resources are being shared between the two... the only thing that I don't understand is why it worked before.

Oh and yes, the recap was spotless, I went one by one, checked 3 times before soldering.