VOGONS

First post, by original_meusli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have two PC's that I want to connect to two midi devices, I have a working setup ATM but it is a real headscratcher every time I want to swap over the devices. I want to make this as simple as possible so I am looking to find something that can take two “midi in” connections and output to two Midi devices. I am thinking a 2 in 1 midi merge into a Dore midi passthrough device to the midi boxes. Then a device that has audio connections to mix the Soundblaster and midi sounds, I am not sure what that will be yet, whether a mixer station or just a plain audio interface, what would you recommend?

Cheers

Meusli

Reply 2 of 4, by original_meusli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nobody used a 2 in 1 midi device, is there a simpler device to use? Would this do the job of merging PCs and then sending the data to the tone generators?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DigitalLife-USB-MIDI … 108394610&psc=1

Reply 3 of 4, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For multiple midi inputs and outputs, you want a MIDI Patchbay. I use Eidirol UM550 myself, but they aren't cheap these days. You can often get older units on auction sites for cheap, but they will be full-rack size.

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster