VOGONS

First post, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I received the Serdaco newsletter and read there is now a tool called DreamBankCompilerSE that allows Awave Studio users to create banks for the DreamBlasters. As I happen to own Awave Studio I wanted to share some quick conversions:

1) 4MB GMGSMT, the Creative/EMU 4 MB sound font with fixes by Falcosoft

2) Turtle Beach Aureal sound font with tweaks by Synthoridity

I don't have the Dream SDK so I'm not sure how well I can tweak these later on.

Last edited by Rawit on 2024-05-21, 11:06. Edited 1 time in total.

YouTube

Reply 2 of 5, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, these banks are small so will work on X2 right? I don't know the limits on the conversion process, but if Crisis (1gb iirc) will work on X16, I'll finally have a good reason to buy one...

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster

Reply 3 of 5, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've tested these with the X2GS. I lack the Dream SDK so I have no idea what the quality is of the translation, I can only go by ear. The X16 has 1 Gb total, divided in slots. Not sure if it can handle the Crisis soundfont. And I think this is a complex soundfont that needs the SDK.

YouTube

Reply 4 of 5, by Hummtaro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nice to finally see more unofficial soundbanks! 😀

Huge soundbanks often are more simple than very small ones, as they can have complex effects sampled directly, instead of synthesizing them from a very short sample using lfo filter modulation and stuff..
But with 2 GiB in size, CrisisGM would be a tough one alone for the size that needs to be halved.

X570|R5 5600X|32G|Rx6800

Reply 5 of 5, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah learned something today! I was going through my collection of smaller and older soundfonts hoping that they would convert without issue.

4) GeneralUser GS 1.35: https://fastupload.io/281978e9d99821db

YouTube