Some kind of disclaimer:
What if it turns out the InterWave soldered onto your card is broken?
I have a moderate amount of spare ICs and am willing to exchange the InterWaves at no additional costs if the shipping is covered. If I somehow run out of chips, you're out of luck. I'd love to make sure all cards of the first series are working before starting the second batch using the spare ICs I might still have at that point, but of course can't wait forever. Therefore I'm setting a 3 months timespan for fixing InterWaves (giving me a ring should be enough). So far I haven't had any defect ones, but of course can't claim all chips I have are good, even tho I have little to no worries in that regard as of now.
How will the actual ordering process look like?
Once I'm planning to do the series run I'll message/e-mail everyone asking how many cards (maximum of 3) they want and collect a "safe" amount of money per card (since the final price will drop with the total amount ordered) + shipping. Excess money that's not needed will be refunded. Once all money has been collected the production will start and the cards posted a bit later. Time for collecting all money will be limited to 2 months. In case someone can't be reached or doesn't pay within the timelimit I'll assume 1 card for that person. That card will be kept for an additional time of 4 months for contacting/paying (therefore 6 months in total). If still no contact/payment has been done by that time, the previous donation is refunded completely and the card goes to the second "free for all" batch. Previous donations are NOT considered part of the payment. Multiple previous donations don't mean multiples of the maximum that can be ordered - there's a "hard limit" of 3 cards per person in any case.
What happens in case this project can't be finished for one reason or another?
In case the InterWaves don't get destroyed (by fire or other catastrophic consequences) there's an emergency plan, backups of the current design exist in multiple locations, my flatmate has instructions on where to ship the InterWaves. In case of my death/abductance by aliens/inability to finish the project, there is no right for a financial refund. In case the InterWaves get destroyed the project finishes without a result, in that case I'd make the layouts publically available so it can potentially be picked up by someone else in case another source becomes available. As most money has gone straight into the project already there will be no refunds in that case. The InterWaves are in a safe location stored properly, but one can never know.
What if you run out of InterWaves?
If I run out of InterWaves I consider the project finished. In case any loose ends remain you're advised to contact me so we can tie those up on an individual level.
What about kits?
There are currently no concrete plans for kits as of now from my side. The community is motivated to organize kits among itself if there's interest. This isn't finally decided yet. The current bill of materials will be posted soon - changes til the actual run should be minor (if at all).
What's the current shedule?
Some time this year I hope to be finished with the first run. Keep in mind this is what I do as a hobby
This sucks, I want my money back right now!
Complete refunds are of course possible, but will cancel out your right for the initial run. Keep in mind the first run will be for production costs, while the potential second one isn't. PM me so we can sort things out.
When in doubt: German law applies
In case anything remains unclear, you're welcome to ask so we can clear things up