VOGONS

First post, by jforrest1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I checked the driver library, and I don't see the ones I need. I'm no expert on drivers though, maybe there is a compatible one...

For Windows 98 SE.

Reply 1 of 7, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Windows 98 SE already has drivers for the SBPRO2 CT1600; all you have to do is run the Add New Hardware Wizard icon in Control Panel (SBPRO2 is not a plug and play card). Just make sure the card jumpers are set at defaults (port 220, irq 5, dma 1).

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 2 of 7, by jforrest1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I checked those settings, I think they are OK. Added some pics. Not really sure what to do.

iFTsgS4.jpg

TK1qlWY.jpg

jGEM63b.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/uPxX7dt

Reply 3 of 7, by jforrest1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Holy balls I got it!

Now I suppose I need to know if I need to use that little molex port on the card that says cd. Will that give me better audio?

Reply 4 of 7, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jforrest1980 wrote:

Holy balls I got it!

Now I suppose I need to know if I need to use that little molex port on the card that says cd. Will that give me better audio?

It's used for CD-ROM audio (red book audio) played via a CD-ROM drive.
PS: The CD-ROM connector on the sound card is not an IDE connector but the proprietary Panasonic interface.

Reply 5 of 7, by RiP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have just found CT1600 but sadly, Add New Hardware in Win98SE doesn't find anything 😢
The motherboard is ATC-5000. How can I check if the card is dead or not? 😢

Reply 6 of 7, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Boot into DOS, set the BLASTER variable according to the jumpers on the card and see if any DOS game can use it.

Reply 7 of 7, by RiP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, the system (ATC-5000) I tested had WinME. So, I tested it on 386 system with Win95 and worked fine.
Low sound quality but no complain since it has 8-bit DAC 😎