VOGONS

First post, by Zuon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I recently got my hands on a Roland SCP-55 PCMCIA sound card, and it works brilliantly. The issue is, however, whenever I plug it into the slot, my ESS Audio Drive's Sound Blaster emulation ceases to function, and instead retrurns an error of a (possibility of) a conflicting IRQ.

My ESS is a PnP device, and allocates itself automatically to Port 220, IRQ 5, and DMAs 1 and 3. I can reconfigure this, but I imagine it would be tricky. How should I go about getting the ESS Sound Blaster Emulation to work for sound effects, along with the Roland SCP-55? Without the Roland plugged in, the ESS works as expected.

I am using Windows 98 for this laptop. I eventually want to get everything working in DOS mode as well, but that can wait until I get it working in Windows first.

Edit: After a long day of installing/re-configuring different drivers, I don't know what I did, but after a random reboot I performed, everything works together nicely, at least in Windows. Now for the DOS endeavors...
Oh, and the ESS' IRQ is now 7 instead of 5, to bring it in line with traditional Sound Blasters.