VOGONS

Reply 20 of 28, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I really dont see need for AV switch at al.

Mixer doesnt need an AV switch. But the AV switch needs a mixer.

So just user a mixer and forget the av switch, its not needed.

So what if the midi module has a volume. you set it to half and just the volume on the mixer.

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 22 of 28, by zarkon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Interim update to this thread:

My RX1602, MT-32OLD, SC-8820 and CM-64 have all arrived, as well as all the bits and bobs to connect them. So far I have listened to DOTT on the SC-88 and Space Quest 3 (Which sounds fantastic!) on the MT-32. Just trying to clear some space for the CM-64 at the moment, then I'm going to whack in Lure of the Temptress, which I understand is great on that, and then I'll see if I can get XM6 outputting to it.

Again, thanks for all the help given to me, especially for the mixer.

Reply 23 of 28, by davesedg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cbb wrote:

av switch comes very, very handy when comparing differences in sounding of different devices or when you ”browsing” through bunch of games which use different music standards (mt32 or GM for example).
I'm using 2 switches: one for GM and one for LA standard, that's handy.

Could you tell me which AV switch you're using for this purpose? I have a mixer, but next time I set up my retro MIDI PC system(s), I'd like to experiment with the different music options in my DOS games... 😀

Reply 24 of 28, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For your info, Gemini Wing is the only known game to use the U110-07 and U110-10 cards (which are not mandatory, as the game is also compatible with a plain CM-64 and of course a MT-32).

Ryzen 2600X 4.2 GHz | Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB | DDR4 16 GB | Win10-64 Pro

Reply 25 of 28, by zarkon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

For your info, Gemini Wing is the only known game to use the U110-07 and U110-10 cards (which are not mandatory, as the game is also compatible with a plain CM-64 and of course a MT-32).

Yup, I have the rock drums and electric guitar cards. Choujin supports them too.

Reply 26 of 28, by Cbb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
davesedg wrote:
Cbb wrote:

av switch comes very, very handy when comparing differences in sounding of different devices or when you ”browsing” through bunch of games which use different music standards (mt32 or GM for example).
I'm using 2 switches: one for GM and one for LA standard, that's handy.

Could you tell me which AV switch you're using for this purpose? I have a mixer, but next time I set up my retro MIDI PC system(s), I'd like to experiment with the different music options in my DOS games... 😀

I bought a pair of these mixers. for sure I could buy one 8 port switch but it as twice as wider and I preferred two small units for my rig.

Attachments

Reply 27 of 28, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

Choujin supports them too. And the cards are worth the cheap price they go for.
https://youtu.be/Z4jq3ql8etY

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster