Newly made Gravis Ultrasound compatible cards ... what's the degree of interest?

Discussion about old sound cards, MIDI devices and sound related accessories.

Re: Newly made Gravis Ultrasound compatible cards ... what's the degree of interest?

Postby Katara » 2019-12-02 @ 13:20

carlostex wrote:Today i can only regret not being a backer for this project, would love me an ARGUS. Those ISA expansion headers are very handy.

Hope __shock is doing well.

I regret it too, i thought that the project will take one year or maybe two to mature, but after seeing an Argus card on ebay for $1000 in 2019 (4 years later) !! i ended up buying a nice classic gravis for $180
Katara

Re: Newly made Gravis Ultrasound compatible cards ... what's the degree of interest?

Postby Synoptic » 2019-12-02 @ 15:27

Someone put his Argus on Ebay ? That was not supposed to happen. We were all asked not to do that if I remember correctly.
Synoptic

Postby keropi » 2019-12-02 @ 15:56

^ where?
maybe it's shock____ raising some funds
keropi
l33t++

Postby Sev80 » 2019-12-02 @ 16:48

I cant find any evidence of one selling on ebay. is there a link?
Sev80

Postby Synoptic » 2019-12-02 @ 16:51

keropi wrote:^ where?
maybe it's shock____ raising some funds

Couldn't find it with the search engine on ebay though. Maybe it never sold.
Synoptic

Postby stacker139 » 2019-12-03 @ 14:16

Keropi, You're probably right. in July and the announcement disappeared very quickly!
stacker139

Postby derSammler » 2019-12-03 @ 15:37

Synoptic wrote:That was not supposed to happen. We were all asked not to do that if I remember correctly.

Yeah, that's how the world works. Asking people not to put it on ebay means it won't show up on ebay. Sure thing. :lol:
derSammler
l33t

Postby shock__ » 2019-12-04 @ 15:29

I'm still alive and around - even tho times are really tough. I hope to get back onto the project by February next year, but can't promise anything. I guess not ending up homeless is more important than this project. I still have the "Release Candidate" boards wrapped up, but haven't been able to send them ... yup, this sucks and I'm certainly not happy with it either.

And yes, that was my ARGUS Prototype #1 which actually sold almost instantly regardless of the silly asking price, along with my original SSI-2001 to indeed raise some funds ... I'll write a larger post on that in the near future.
shock__
Oldbie

Postby elianda » 2019-12-04 @ 15:55

Getting an apartment to live is definitely first priority.
Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool
elianda
l33t

Postby keropi » 2019-12-04 @ 19:27

yeah no need to write or explain anything shock__ , real life comes first (not to mention it's YOUR project so you can do whatever you want with it...)
take your time man :)
keropi
l33t++

Postby shock__ » 2019-12-06 @ 18:51

Well fuck my life ... guess who just had his hopes destroyed once again, that I might be able to stay if I sent in the required paperwork.
I'm so tired of this bullshit with my former flatmate (who I've been running after for piece of the paper for 3 months now), the landlord and this city overall. I'm really trying to be a nice and considerate person here - but I guess after 600 applications without a single viewing and a landlord pull back after luring I guess it's up to me to decide to become an even more pathetic piece of a human or a full blown asshole.

Seriously ... fuck this (also sorry for ranting and not even remotely having positive news).
If anyone is up for safekeeping the ARGUS materials as it's even uncertain whether I'd be able to properly store them after the 31st of January, I guess now is the right time for offers.
shock__
Oldbie

Postby hard1k » 2019-12-06 @ 19:05

Let me offer myself. Both for storage and/or for some eventual following of the project.
As you can see from the other project thread, my current team will be able not only to finalize the project (if any modding is needed), produce the PCBs, but also offer additional services like assembling. If you choose me, I'll promise to abide by the rules you set. Although I haven't discussed it with the mates yet, but I think we'll be able to solve the brackets issue too. Moreover, parts, shipping, customs, etc. are way cheaper in Russia than in the EU, so I guess it would make some nice cash saving for the end-user.
New sound card project: AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted at Amibay)
hard1k
Oldbie

Postby 640K!enough » 2019-12-06 @ 20:20

If it's only for short-term storage, it would likely be much less expensive if it were kept in the EU; within Germany would likely be the best option, if possible.
640K!enough
Oldbie

Postby shock__ » 2019-12-06 @ 21:59

I'd defintely prefer to finish shit myself and feel at least slightly less than a co-dependant loser - so yeah ... an offer for taking over isn't the best at this point. If I haven't been able to find a decent solution by January I'll be handing stuff over to a local friend or within the community inside Germany (I currently have 2 offers).
shock__
Oldbie

Postby keropi » 2019-12-06 @ 23:40

glad to hear this
yes I am sure all prefer this stays with you - a local friend seems the best option tbh you can go retrieve or mess with stuff very easy that way
but don't sweat it shock__ , it is what it is for now but the future will be better I am sure :)
keropi
l33t++

Previous

Return to Sound