VOGONS

Reply 800 of 894, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just got shocked: my 386 wouldn't play any MT32 sounds anymore. Monkey Island 2 would say: "couldn't initialize sound system", mqdiag would say that it had seen the card, but couldn't determine the IRQ. So I tried forcing IRQ2-- no luck. I switched to IRQ3-- no luck.

I pulled out the card, inspected it visually. Re-seated the GAL, because I think it is determining the IRQ...? No luck... Nothing I would try would work. Until, finally...

I pulled off the jumper for the port address. It was pretty loose fitting. And voila: the card is detected on port 300h! I borrowed a jumper from a TVGA9000 to get the card back to 330h -- and it still works!

Sometimes the little things fail... Why? I have no clue, I never changed the port setting. Maybe it was a flaky jumper and it finally gave up making good contact.

Glad that the card is back in working order!

IMG_7990.jpg

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 802 of 894, by Lumpmoose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but are any more of these cards available? I’ve submitted a request via the email form linked at the ‘ISA MPU Card’ page at Serdashop, but I haven’t heard back.

Reply 803 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lumpmoose wrote on 2020-06-11, 17:27:

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but are any more of these cards available? I’ve submitted a request via the email form linked at the ‘ISA MPU Card’ page at Serdashop, but I haven’t heard back.

yes they are available - but not readily available since we are missing cables atm that just got shipped to us from the factory.... it will be some 2 weeks though before they arrive with all this covid deal...
when did you send the email? was it this morning?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 804 of 894, by Lumpmoose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2020-06-11, 17:33:
Lumpmoose wrote on 2020-06-11, 17:27:

yes they are available - but not readily available since we are missing cables atm that just got shipped to us from the factory.... it will be some 2 weeks though before they arrive with all this covid deal...
when did you send the email? was it this morning?

Last week and a couple days ago. Either email address is fine (emails mentioning Maple Grove, MN). Thanks!

Reply 806 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://pcmidi.eu is live!
It's a truly retro-style PCMIDI website with basic info - browse it with your 386 system!
Obviously not an eshop or a serious business attempt - so keep that in mind.
It was designed with 640x480 resolution with 256 colors in mind , the whole site is ~48kb and the single high-res pcmidi jpeg is ~200kb 🤣

Here you can see some shots of the site being rendered on my 486slc33 system with the built-in browser of Geoworks Ensemble under DOS 😀

xrR6OI3l.jpg

AgPYojHl.jpg

VT3VPnDl.jpg

UuNZBEUl.jpg

kad1WH0l.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 807 of 894, by martinot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice work Keropi!

Reply 809 of 894, by thierry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Works here ! , PC 386 dx40mhz + 387 Ulsi, 8mb Ram , Win 3.11 + Opera 3.62 Registered , PC Midi Card Old version but works exelent.

FgozAVg.png

Reply 810 of 894, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Woah nice rig.

Reply 812 of 894, by thierry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2020-07-11, 05:51:

very nice thiery! thanks for sharing that pic! I notice opera renders a little different - ah the joys of old browsers 🤣
also spotted that 8" pvm 😁

PVM! Yes, that's another story!

anmtgJw.png

Reply 814 of 894, by unagi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I used the form to order one of the cards and transferred the money to your PayPal but I haven't heard back, so I assume this was somehow lost/missed. Is there a way to contact you? I tried the email that sent the form but there was no response.

Reply 815 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
unagi wrote on 2020-08-08, 18:54:

Hello!

I used the form to order one of the cards and transferred the money to your PayPal but I haven't heard back, so I assume this was somehow lost/missed. Is there a way to contact you? I tried the email that sent the form but there was no response.

Hello!
I am sending you a PM with my email so you can give me more details
don't worry all will be sorted out 😀

Reply 816 of 894, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can also contact me, as soon as I get home, I will search my emails about this, if it went to spam or not. I sent all the cards I got address , if I missed yours, I will send one asap. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reply 817 of 894, by unagi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for your help! 😀 It seems like I cannot send any PMs yet, because I just registered. But I sent keropi my order details by email.

Reply 818 of 894, by Enchurito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I was looking into ordering one of these for my 486 to hook up my ra-50. The ordering page has a link that says "contact the original manufacturer of these" when I tried to click it I got an error saying the form didn't exist. Are these not able to be ordered right now?

Reply 819 of 894, by Enchurito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone else been able to order one of these recently?