VOGONS

First post, by MrVernall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, I have a related question. So I am currently in the process of building a Win98 SE machine. I have a SB Live, an MX300 and an AWE64 Gold. I'm okay with getting the AWE64 set up for DOS mode, but I'm having major problems getting the Live and Vortex to install together. I have tried the vortex first then the live, and I then tried it with the Live first followed by the vortex. In both instances I get the first card to work, but can't get the second up and running. Am I missing something?

In case it helps, I'm running an Epox EP-8KTA+ motherboard (VIA KT133) with a Duron 600 CPU and 512MB SDRAM.

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 3, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrVernall wrote on 2020-07-20, 23:36:

Hi guys, I have a related question. So I am currently in the process of building a Win98 SE machine. I have a SB Live, an MX300 and an AWE64 Gold. I'm okay with getting the AWE64 set up for DOS mode, but I'm having major problems getting the Live and Vortex to install together. I have tried the vortex first then the live, and I then tried it with the Live first followed by the vortex. In both instances I get the first card to work, but can't get the second up and running. Am I missing something?

In case it helps, I'm running an Epox EP-8KTA+ motherboard (VIA KT133) with a Duron 600 CPU and 512MB SDRAM.

Thanks in advance

What's the 2nd cards status in device manager, My first guess is it'll be a resource conflict.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-08-08, 02:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by MrVernall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chinny22 wrote on 2020-07-21, 09:06:

What's the 2nd cards status in device manager, My first guess is it'll be a resource conflict.

Hi Chinny,

That's the thing, it just isn't showing at all, not even as a resource conflict. This morning I even tried just putting all three cards in and doing a clean windows install. Got to the plug n play section, pointed it to the SB Live drivers, it installed that then installed the AWE64 then nothing. Went on to add hardware and hit refresh, but no new hardware was detected. Pointed it to the drivers on the Diamond CD and it showed the Monster Sound II as a compatible device. Installed the drivers and nothing... Manually rebooted and again nothing.

I am now going to try the same thing, but this time give it the Diamond drivers before the SB Live. Don't think this will make a difference though as I have successfully installed the vortex before and was then unable to get it to acknowledge that the live was plugged in.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-08-08, 02:52. Edited 1 time in total.