VOGONS

Reply 2500 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In case someone forfeits their spot you can of course take theirs as all regular spots have been booked (LeitOn where the PCBs are gonna be produced has some odd scaling in their pricing/run sizes) ... otherwise you'll have to wait for the regular run sometime later in 2021. Your credit for up to 3 cards of course remains.
For the regular run I would have contacted you either way - I think I have your E-Mail adress (if not I know what other Forum to contact you) - you have by no means been forgotten.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2501 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bit delayed, but Prototypes have been ordered and should arrive here on the 18th or 19th.

[Z?]

Reply 2502 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I see my update policy here sucks 😉 Prototypes are delayed by a bit, but left the manufacturing process today and should hopefully arrive either saturday or monday.
I will PM everyone who ordered cards individually with their tracking numbers once their cards are being shipped. That should be the case by the end of next week at worst.

[Z?]

Reply 2503 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked up the PCBs yesterday: https://i.imgur.com/FO95ssp.jpg
I'll update the BOM and placement map this weekend and send them off within the next week.

[Z?]

Reply 2505 of 3171, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2021-01-23, 00:26:

Picked up the PCBs yesterday: https://i.imgur.com/FO95ssp.jpg
I'll update the BOM and placement map this weekend and send them off within the next week.

I really haven't been active, but this is exciting news!

I'll go back and read the updates on what is happening. I know you were sending off a small batch for testing. Not sure where everything is right now. I'll go educate myself.

Great work!

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/

Reply 2506 of 3171, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That PCB looks awesome. Congratulations, shock__! My GUSAr looks comparatively crappy! 😀

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 2507 of 3171, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣 remembers me :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA52uNzx7Y4

Sooo blue!

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 2510 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Final revision ... which is basically the same as the RC1 with minor changes to the silkscreen (no more "Release Candidate" label).

[Z?]

Reply 2511 of 3171, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2021-01-26, 16:22:

Final revision ... which is basically the same as the RC1 with minor changes to the silkscreen (no more "Release Candidate" label).

I never got an email about shipping, am I in this batch ?

Reply 2512 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No. See first post.
I'll notify people here on future runs, to which you can sign up then. If I don't hear from you within a reasonable timeframe (let's assume 2 months) you will be messaged for a 3rd and final run.
This all will take place some time this year.

[Z?]

Reply 2514 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shipping will be slightly delayed ... while the cards/chips have been sorted and the shipment boxes prepared I only today found some suitable padding material. As I have appointments tomorrow and on monday the first cards will likely be shipped on Tuesday.

[Z?]

Reply 2515 of 3171, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2021-01-26, 22:41:

No. See first post.
I'll notify people here on future runs, to which you can sign up then. If I don't hear from you within a reasonable timeframe (let's assume 2 months) you will be messaged for a 3rd and final run.
This all will take place some time this year.

I thought I was automatically included as being one of the firsts contributors ? As for the first two prototypes, I didn't have to tell you. I must have missed something. All good then. Count me in for next batch.

Reply 2516 of 3171, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Prototypes always were on demand after previously asking who's interested to participate.

[Z?]

Reply 2517 of 3171, by Tandy1000TL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very keen on this one. Orpheus was my last purchase which has paired well with the Roland SCB-55 (stand offs have been added to improve stability since that photo was taken) and the Gravis will be my last sound card purchase, rounding out my collection finally. Hopefully not too long before those who were late to the party can jump on board.

Attachments

• IMG_6786.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_6786.jpeg
    File size
    1.62 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Tandy 1000TL, 486DX4-100, IBM Aptiva K6-233, P2, P3, P4, C2D
MP32L, MT32, SC55-MKii, SC-8820, Integra-7, MotifRackES, MU80, MU500, etc.
SB 1.0, Snark Barker, SB1.5, SB Pro, SB16, Awe64, Adlib Clone, PAS16, etc.
X2GS, S2, MCCake, Orpheus, BlasterBoard

Reply 2519 of 3171, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks for the update shock__ !
I remember there was a mouser basket with parts, is it still valid?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website