VOGONS

First post, by Scott8bit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone I’m having trouble locating working drives for my sound card.

It seems creative website doesn’t care any more for this legacy device and downloading different drivers gathered off the net sadly either crashes win95 and it seems to be undetectable in dos.

I know the card works as it was fine before I formatted all the old stuff off the HD, and like an idiot I didn’t back up the drivers, with the assumption they’d still be everywhere.

Back in the day I used driver guide but it appears now to be loaded with spam / spyware!

Any help locating dos and or win95 drivers would be appreciate.

Attachments

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-02-15, 00:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by Scott8bit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Repo Man11 wrote on 2021-02-14, 15:46:

I believe this CD ISO has the driver you need: http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=370&menustate=0

Hey man thanks very much, unfortunately these drivers are also locking my system up. It’s a fresh install so I’m not sure what it’s all about really but it’s looking like I need to format again as the machine is unstable, possibly a virus in those files?

I have managed to research the card more, apparently it’s an esoniq.. anyway I’ve managed to get it working with esoniq drivers in windows. And thank fully those drivers you linked me to, even though they are crashing the computer it has interestingly installed a set of dos drivers in the root of C:/

I’m backing those up now to a floppy before I format again and I’ll experiment with those after

I will have to research and find a decent sound card ISA that supports duke nukem, wolfenstien destruction derby etc (one hopefully with drivers 🤣