VOGONS

First post, by Rainroark207

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought an Audigy 2 ZS sound card off ebay, that was supposed to be in working order. After troubleshooting, I noticed it's missing 2 SMD components. I'll attach a picture, but they seem to be a capacitor and maybe a resistor. Looks like they correspond to C209 and L16.

I can replace them no problem, but I need their values. Hoping someone can help me save this old hardware.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

L16 is an inductor. I have one of those cards handy, but alas don't have an LCR meter. If I had to wager, they are probably the same values as C213 and L22. Being LC filters for each audio channel

Reply 3 of 4, by Rainroark207

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
maxtherabbit wrote on 2021-03-22, 19:13:

L16 is an inductor. I have one of those cards handy, but alas don't have an LCR meter. If I had to wager, they are probably the same values as C213 and L22. Being LC filters for each audio channel

Thanks, I had a hunch to try and copy those two myself. So we will see how it turns out.

The seller was great and gave me an immediate refund, but I hate to trash retro hardware.

Reply 4 of 4, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can short out the inductor and the part will come to life, albeit at slightly reduced performance. Actual inductance will probably not matter too much, but since it is a filter element, bigger is better, size should be 0805. Capacitor will be a 0.1µF X5R type in 0402 package.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜