VOGONS

Orpheus II soundcard thread *** LT board now available ***

Topic actions

Reply 920 of 929, by snipe3687

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don’t suppose there’s gerbers for this are there? I don’t mind paying the price for it but I like building them. I honestly don’t even need one with the PicoGus being available now but I do like to have actual hardware for some situations vs emulation.

Reply 921 of 929, by CHA0SHACKER

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a weird bug. When using Ultramid I sometimes get hanging notes in Tyrian 2000. is that normal?

AMD K6-III+ 400 ATZ @ 550 MHz 1.8V | Gigabyte GA-5AX Rev 5.2 | 256MB 100MHz SDRAM CL2 | 32GB CF Card | 3DFX Voodoo 4 4500 32MB @ 183MHz | Orpheus II LT with X2GS-SE Wavetable | Gravis UltraSound PnP (clone) with 16MB SIMM

Reply 922 of 929, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CHA0SHACKER wrote on 2024-05-26, 10:22:

I have a weird bug. When using Ultramid I sometimes get hanging notes in Tyrian 2000. is that normal?

I haven't had this so far - but ofcourse Tyrian sound system is so weird it would not surprise me to have more issues than we already know
maybe it worths to test a different ram stick on your gus card - that's all I can think atm

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 923 of 929, by CHA0SHACKER

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2024-05-26, 12:19:
CHA0SHACKER wrote on 2024-05-26, 10:22:

I haven't had this so far - but ofcourse Tyrian sound system is so weird it would not surprise me to have more issues than we already know
maybe it worths to test a different ram stick on your gus card - that's all I can think atm

Damn, didn’t happen in other games so far. I don’t have other compatible RAM at the moment. I‘ll do some more tests, thanks.

EDIT: Really only affects Tyrian. So it might just be Tyrian being weird again. I‘m generally finished with tinkering now. Here a few final pictures:

IMG_9848.jpeg
IMG_9849.jpeg
IMG_9850.jpeg

AMD K6-III+ 400 ATZ @ 550 MHz 1.8V | Gigabyte GA-5AX Rev 5.2 | 256MB 100MHz SDRAM CL2 | 32GB CF Card | 3DFX Voodoo 4 4500 32MB @ 183MHz | Orpheus II LT with X2GS-SE Wavetable | Gravis UltraSound PnP (clone) with 16MB SIMM

Reply 924 of 929, by Grue

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an Orpheus 2 and a p233Mmx machine.
I had a problem running orpheus.bat in autoexec.bat, which worked only on every 2nd boot. The problem was that the env wasn't set.

When env wasn't set, the orphenv.bat was present in the c:\orphinit directory.

The solution to this problem was to add the "timeout 2" command into the orpheus.bat file between running orphinit.exe and calling the env.bat

I tried to run this with and without smartdvr.exe with the same result.

I'm running MS-DOS 7.1, and I have a 4 G B CF card as a mass memory with one large fat32 partition.

Reply 925 of 929, by Gonzogar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

After my P1 mmx died I'm trying my Orpheus II on a P3 win98SE machine.

The problem is that after inserting the card (with a x16gs wt) into the ISA slot and rebooting the system, windows recognises the card as Ultrasound PnP, but it doesn't install nor found any driver for it. After messing around I managed to get into windows but GUS is not working so everytime I reboot i get this "viwd.vxd" error...

I thought that windows should install the drivers automatically but it doesn't seems to be the case.

Reply 927 of 929, by Gonzogar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Marmes wrote on Yesterday, 20:29:

Hello!
Please visit https://pcmidi.eu/orpheus2.html for instructions. You will find a nice guide there. Cheers!

I feel so dumb, I was trying to install with the same files I did it for my mmx machine which was DOS based...

I'll take the opportunity to make a dual boot better

Reply 928 of 929, by Gonzogar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to install the drivers without issue on Win98SE, but one question has arised (haven't tested) If I reboot to DOS do I need to install the DOS drivers in order to make them work properly? Would that overwrite Win98 drivers?

Sorry if it's silly...