VOGONS

Sound Blaster Live! DOS Drivers

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 83, by maw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

NOEMS sorry

BOX#1: new rebuild no case currently | ASUS P5A | Pentium1 200 | 64MB PC100 | Voodoo3 AGP | AWE64 GOLD + SIMMConn| 16GB Kingspec DOM | DVD Drive | Dos 6.22 + Win98

Reply 81 of 83, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying the livedos.zip package with a SB0220 and i'm only getting sfx in doom but no music. I get full sound in wolf3d. My settings are A220 I7 D1 H5 P330 and i've added the file 2mg4.ecw.
EDIT: fixed, midi volume was set to zero in mixer. But music worked in wolf3d and was wavetable. If i select sound blaster in doom i get slow music with the opl emulation and heavily distorted sound, this is a 2 ghz pentium 4 and the mobo has a via p4x266 chipset.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 82 of 83, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't necropost. Also, ask all old hardware related problems in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games on modern systems.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 83 of 83, by CCLGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The livedos.zip package is great. I used it back in 2004 to make Audigy 2 work in DOS only mode. I am still using it today. Just make sure to edit liveinit.bat to include executing Audigy12.exe.

Creative could easily have let the Audigy 2 officially support DOS only mode without making any hardware changes.

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro with external box with MIDI synthesizer. Yes, it plays full MIDI in DOS only mode.