PCI sound cards and Chipsets from various manufacturers...

Discussion about old sound cards, MIDI devices and sound related accessories.

Re: PCI sound cards and Chipsets from various manufacturers...

Postby ruthan » 2019-7-12 @ 12:10

Some people here.. no are we not stupid.. these splitter are working only with some boards, usually with Z97 and newer.. in our case, there is missing cable, so some soldering etc is needed.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Postby LSS10999 » 2019-7-13 @ 17:19

Srandista wrote:
ruthan wrote:PS/2 ports - Rayer modified his H67 - 1x PS/2 MB to 2x PS/2 and i he will try modify mine too, some tutorial is on his page.

Why even care with HW modifying of the board, when you can just use PS/2 splitter from eBay for 1$? With it, I can use PS/2 keyboard and mouse even on my really modern Z270 board, no hard modification necessary.

Depending on the port's circuitry, PS/2 splitters do not always work. I have an ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 motherboard, and my PS/2 splitter does not work properly on it.
LSS10999

Postby ruthan » 2019-7-18 @ 19:16

As excepted Aureal V1 is working with B75 too.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough HW.
ruthan
Oldbie

Location: Schwarz Wald-from France to Ukraine, from Denmark to Austria. Celts+German+Slavs melting pot.

Postby Revolter » 2019-8-12 @ 21:54

Updated the list of games not working in ESS Solo-1's TDMA mode on unsupported Intel chipsets. No "mutes" this time!

Added:

Chu Liuxiang Chuanqi: Xuehai Piaoxiang
CyberMage: Darklight Awakening
Deep Red
Hi-Octane
Homey D. Clown
Kome Bumb
SlipStream 5000
Trial By Magic

A somewhat obscure selection - with one Chinese and two Spanish games - but that's because I'm going through a wacky "to-try" list of mine, and it has a lot of those.

More to come soon.

On the bright side, here are the games out of the recent test batch that did work with TDMA out of the box:

Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse
Amok
Assault Trooper
Backlash: A Turret Gunner Simulation
Desert Strike / Jungle Strike
EcoQuest 2 – Lost Secret of the Rainforest
Extreme Assault
GeneWars
Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
Magic Carpet 2
Realms of Chaos.

Among those were about 20 Adlib-only titles, but they all worked, no surprises there.
Revolter

Postby biessea » 2019-8-18 @ 15:56

What audio card do you recommend please with my Asus a7n8x deluxe with Nvidia Nforce2 Ultra chipset?

Which card should I try to have my Real Dos mode make the sounds work (music and sfx)??

I really hope you can save me.

I tried with no lucky the Creative ct4810 and this Yamaha ymf724f-v.

Thanks a lot
biessea

Postby ruthan » 2019-8-18 @ 16:16

We dont have too much info about nforce 2 and where we have it usually dont working regarding of Nvidia no legacy MB history its not suprise it probably worst retro chipset for DOS, so change MB than sound card make more sense.
Nvidia chipsets where good for intergrated graphics - now obsolete and SLI support (not for DOS and Win98), nothing is now relevant..
ruthan
Oldbie

Postby biessea » 2019-8-18 @ 19:17

ruthan wrote:We dont have too much info about nforce 2 and where we have it usually dont working regarding of Nvidia no legacy MB history its not suprise it probably worst retro chipset for DOS, so change MB than sound card make more sense.
Nvidia chipsets where good for intergrated graphics - now obsolete and SLI support (not for DOS and Win98), nothing is now relevant..

So assuming that I want to remain in this motherboard probably I cannot hear music and sfx on dos?? Never???

I cannot believe, there is a pci sound card that is not dependent by southbridge?

Oh cmon, and if I simply use the integrated audio card by enabling legacy mode on bios? Can I use the audio integrate in Dos? This motherboard have the Realtek ALC650 AC'97 audio codec.
biessea

Previous

Return to Sound