Reply 480 of 588, by elianda
I am currently testing a SSI-2001 I got borrowed from Shock.
Things I noticed:
- bristlehogs SID player sometimes bugs out at the start of a song and needs a song change e.g. from 1/1 to 1/1 that the song starts correct.
- the freq scaling on the SID player helps to compensate the different base clock, but it still sounds different (probably envelope curve also depends on base clock?)
- Windwalker needs parameters: it allows 'adlib cms innov covox tsnd psnd' for sound and 'cga c b&w rgb composite tv tandylow t160 ega ega16 ega64 vga high high4 egamono herc hercules tandy pcjr m25 m30 mcga m auto' for graphics.
- In Battle Chess 2 the SID is used only for digital SFX, probably played through the volume register (while music plays by pc speaker)
- Airball has to be started with airball.exe /inv. The game need a slow pc or you will die within 500ms. The SID is used only for simple sound effects
- Bad Blood uses it for Music
- Could not get Lord Of The Rings Volume 1 running with the Card. The game seems to use Miles Sound System ADV drivers and there is none for the Innovision.
- Joe Montana Football, Innovision can be set for SFX, (Music is then e.g. PC Speaker) The game plays a sample on the card at startup and SFX as samples in game.
- Super Jeopardy must be run with 'jeopardy i' to configure. I can set VGA, Digital On, Innovation Board, Setting A then the game starts and no audible sample playback (should be even audible on a 8580). When set to speaker it plays the jeopardy melody in an evil quality. Some effects always play through speaker such as the board filling.
Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool