VOGONS

Reply 380 of 590, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That means you're on my list now!

After reading Fagear's post, I see no reason to exchange any further communication with you.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 381 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Fagear wrote:

Probably you've found another source of SIDs and bought them for (140/1.13)-$35=$97.7?.. Why? You could buy for $45 (less, actually) tested 8580R5 from me.

First of all - publish personal information and our financial info without permission of second side - is not right.
Second - yes you not always have a sids for sale.

Fagear wrote:

while actual price to send the board abroad to any country is ~$7 including packaging and tracking.

You wrong. May be you sending a "small package", but they have very small insurance, so if something goes wrong - you get nothing.
So after a few incidents, I'm shipping only "registered package with price" in terms of our post service.

Fagear wrote:

I don't see any reason to include your mishaps and screw ups in that price.

May be you a reach man and can spread your money on wind. But not I'm.

Fagear wrote:

Not blaming or judging you,

But you try! Every one, that start phrase from "I'm not blaming you" actually try to do this.

Fagear wrote:

but I clearly don't see any reason for that kind of price. Just don't get it. Can you explain it? Maybe in PM?

Yes, you always can discuss this with me personally, in native language.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 382 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

After reading Fagear's post, I see no reason to exchange any further communication with you.

You get all information from a few posts on forum to make a full and clear vision about a person? You must be a psychic! How you can get this ability?

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb

Reply 383 of 590, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:

Sorry, I don't see any problems with your sample. If you don't lie or fool anybody, it's ok.

Uhm... wow.
I think it's morally/socially not acceptable to profit for somebody else's work/effort.

But as shock__ said, it's a question of VERY different ethics/morality/values.

And then...

easy_john wrote:

publish personal information and our financial info without permission of second side - is not right.

Why exactly is it "not right"? You suddenly know what morality/ethics are?
Edit : he doesn't lie or fool anybody. So it's not wrong.

Last edited by Beegle on 2015-06-11, 21:47. Edited 1 time in total.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 384 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Beegle wrote:

I think it's morally not acceptable to profit for somebody else's work.

Really? It's looks like, that you should start blaming your boss or CEO, that they get a profit from your work.
This question may be has different answer, if we still live in USSR...

Beegle wrote:

A bit different situation, isn't it?

Last edited by easy_john on 2015-06-11, 21:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 385 of 590, by Fagear

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:

First of all - publish personal information and our financial info without permission of second side - is not right.

Personal information?.. What? My official prices for the replica? Are you kidding me? Maybe number of ordered boards is "personal"? Really? Then, this thread is full of personal information on public. 😵

easy_john wrote:

Second - yes you not always have a sids for sale.

Ok, got it. But still, buying SID for ~$100 is not what I believe in.

easy_john wrote:

You wrong. May be you sending a "small package", but they have very small insurance, so if something goes wrong - you get nothing.
So after a few incidents, I'm shipping only "registered package with price" in terms of our post service.

Ok, got it about shipping, clear.

easy_john wrote:

May be you a reach man and can spread your money on wind. But not I'm.

Yet again: I'm not feeling that I have a right to scam a buyer if I've screwed up with the item that I sell. I've screwed up, it is MY fault, I have to pay for it, not a buyer. That's my position.

So, well, I'm going to spin another batch of the PCBs (because I've got at least 6 new pre-orders) and probably I will go to Amibay, so a buyer would have an option.

New BIG soundcard: FMonster.
Covox Sound Master replica
Innovation SSI-2001 replica & DuoSID.
My audio/video collection.

Reply 386 of 590, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:
Beegle wrote:

I think it's morally not acceptable to profit for somebody else's work.

Really? It's looks like, that you should start blaming your boss or CEO, that they get a profit from your work.
This question may be has different answer, if we still live in USSR...

I'm paid for my work.

easy_john wrote:
Beegle wrote:

I bit different situation, isn't it?

He didn't give out your bank account number and personal address. So what's the problem? By your own standards, he's not lying or fooling anyone.

Reply 387 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Beegle wrote:

I'm paid for my work.

Are you trying to say, that CEO don't get a profit from your work?
Do you get exactly same price, as your company get from selling a product? Don't make me laugh.

Reply 388 of 590, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:
Beegle wrote:

I'm paid for my work.

Are you trying to say, that CEO don't get a profit from your work?
Do you get exactly same price, as your company get from selling a product? Don't make me laugh.

Way to try not to answer my second point. You know about ethics. But you only care about them when bad things happen to you.

Reply 389 of 590, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have to praise Fagear again, as he wasn't even considering charging for his work. I remember quite a few pages back on this thread we all felt he should also earn some money for his amazing work.

Thanks to him we also have an almost finished Covox Sound Master PCB layed out, which is just missing some hidden traces and a figured out GAL.

There are times in your life that even 50$ can be quite a lot money to spare. If easyjohn wants to sell his card for 150€ that's his choice, but i think people should be aware that there's somewhere else where they can get the boards cheaper and from the guy who designed it.

Reply 390 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Beegle wrote:

Way to try not to answer my second point. You know about ethics. But you only care about them when bad things happen to you.

Ha, and you avoid to answer a first point.
And about second - don't worry, I'm not care about this too much.

Reply 391 of 590, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:

don't worry, I'm not care about this too much.

aaaand that's the reason why all these weird and sensitive other people argued with you today.

Reply 393 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote:

i think people should be aware that there's somewhere else where they can get the boards cheaper and from the guy who designed it.

Yes, I never try to hide this info or cheating. If you see item description, you should know that.

Reply 394 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Marmes wrote:

We don't want no trouble here! This is a local forum for local users :D
See My stuff http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?73724-Cr … -Blaster-cards-(CT3980-CT3670-CT2890-amp-amp-CT2770

Marmes, run away! Now someone find, that you try to get a profit, selling those creative boards! :)

Last edited by easy_john on 2015-06-11, 22:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 395 of 590, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You've proven that you understood exactly nothing 😀
Now at least try not to drag others in, shall we?

[Z?]

Reply 396 of 590, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

Now at least try not to drag others in, shall we?

You don't get, that this is a joke? Or what again wrong with me?

Reply 397 of 590, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Don't get me wrong on this, I am not on anyone's side. But when we buy those kits, do we have to sign anykind of document saying we cannot resell, with or without profit? If people ask 1000 euros for that board and someone buys it, then it's worth 1000 euros for that person. For me personally, I wouldn't give a shit if anyone sells and make profit from my work or not, as long as I get what I ask for. If someone pays more, then they are lazy or stupid, for not seaching a bit more for it online. The main problem here is that this was supposed to be something for personal use, but since this went public, you cannot expect that some people would grab it and don't make profit. We are not naive, just let this one go, and pay more attention next time, do not share things in public that you don't want others to make profit. Relying on other people's ethics, is just not very smart.~
I hope we get over with this discussion, there is no point continuing it. What is done is done.

Reply 398 of 590, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well there's no point in continuing to drag this thread this way, i think the fair way to settle this is that the moderators at amibay let know that replicas will be available at Fagear with cheaper price. But if people want to buy easy_john's card for 150€ fine that's his/her problem and we can all move on from this point.

easy_john wrote:

So, well, I'm going to spin another batch of the PCBs (because I've got at least 6 new pre-orders) and probably I will go to Amibay, so a buyer would have an option.

Great news, unfortunately for me i think price of 8580 SIDs will ultimately make the board unaffordable for me at the moment.

Reply 399 of 590, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Marmes wrote:

I hope we get over with this discussion, there is no point continuing it. What is done is done.

Exactly that.

Just a small addition:

Marmes wrote:

Relying on other people's ethics, is just not very smart.~

I don't think anyone would have expected that those boards don't get sold for a higher price sooner or later, but in such an obvious case I think it's fair to show our discontent as part of the project members - even when we can't and won't change anything about it. And yes, it's his card and he can do with it whatever he pleases.
If he can't stand the wind he maybe shouldn't have left the house - if that makes sense 😉

[Z?]