VOGONS

Reply 40 of 416, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just opened my MU80, and battery is soldered definitely soldered or fixed in some other way i can't understand. Anyway, it's not a regular CR2032. At least mine is very clean and not leaky.

Reply 41 of 416, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ it's just a pcb mount 2032... mine was very clean as well so I just left it

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 43 of 416, by dank0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for this info I just opened my SC-55 and the battery was slowly leaking.

Robin4: MT-32 doesn't have any battery inside. I did open the box to make sure that I don't have same situation like with SC-55.
now i'm going to check the MU-80 😉

Last edited by dank0 on 2013-09-27, 00:15. Edited 1 time in total.

AMD K6-II 500, Nvidia TNT2 AGP, 256 MB RAM

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•• WANTED: ROLAND SCP-55 ••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Reply 45 of 416, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

About the CR-2032 batteries - you can also get them at camera selling shops too.

There are Chinese sellers who have them in bulk packs on ebay for only pennies per battery. A 100 pack would probably be a good investment for almost anyone who has a lot of old hardware lying around that needs at least one of these.

Reply 46 of 416, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ yeah and next thing you know they start leaking in a couple of years... no thanks 🤣
batteries in one of the things you don't want to cheap out ;P

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 47 of 416, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got two packs of four Energizer branded ones.

Quite pricey relatively speaking, but what can you do 😀

Will swap the batteries later today although none have been leaking.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 50 of 416, by emgillis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I removed the battery from my SC-55mkii a long time ago -- because I put the box into cold storage.
I took it out of storage, and found out the manual doesn't list the internal battery model, only the remote.
Is the SC-55mkii a CR2032, or something else?

THANKS!!!

Also... I just joined this site. I have to say, as a colour blind person, the question to verify the colour of the background or foreground REALLY blows

Reply 52 of 416, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi and welcome!
IIRC yes, the mk2 has a CR2032 battery and the positive side is up, you should be able to read the markings on the battery once installed

Reply 55 of 416, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Another SC-55 mk1, another leaking battery... 😲 😲 😲

IMG02803-20131010-1054_zpsa0c12e47.jpg

Reply 56 of 416, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice save! These button batteries seem to die more gracefully than the old barrel things, which spew acid far and wide. Still not a good look though.

What do you guys do with old batteries? I've been vaguely aware that they shouldn't be thrown into the bin, but that's exactly where I've put them all my life. I've done a bit of research and discovered that there are numerous places near where I live which accept dead batteries to be recycled, who knew?

Life? Don't talk to me about life.