VOGONS

Reply 21 of 24, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have now finally at home bulk Aopen Yamaha 744 PCI card? Which driver for Dos i should try and how to set it?

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 23 of 24, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Why in topic about Creative?

I suppose that it also have SB emulation, otherwise it would be half-dead for Dos.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 24 of 24, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Few notes to SB 16 emulation driver and pure DOs:

I tried same driver with driver with !Live - CT4830 Dos compabitle.. I found 2 things which could help:
CTSYN variable value has to end with "\" character otherwise im getting message that SBport is not set, i checked that this message is used when file is not found, exist.. Its stupid parsing algoritm probably do this ctsyn path value+ctsyn.ini - after it wonders that path doesnt exist..

Other discover is freeze at driver loading, when PATH variable is longer than 126 character what is enabled in MS DOS 7+ but driver is crashing with that, which very strange errors.. Like reboot, loaded freeze.. runtime error, stack overflow and other "beautiful" errors..

I wonder if someone did found documentation to ctsyn.ini what exactly means parameter PCIPort and tis values?
ctsyn.ini in my C:\Windows are using this value b800 , Dos one is 0.