VOGONS

Reply 2240 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guess who's behind shedule again? 😀
I'll go grab shipping labels tomorrow, so if you haven't please send me your current shipping adress asap so I can send out the prototypes (so far I've recieved 2 adresses from 12 testers [-2 since there will be some combined shipping]).

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2241 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Marmes, Cyclone, synoptic, whiskey, d0pefish - I still need your shipping adresses.

Last edited by shock__ on 2020-04-13, 13:44. Edited 2 times in total.

[Z?]

Reply 2242 of 3172, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just sent you a PM. Thanks for the reminder.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2244 of 3172, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but can someone with a GUS test something for me?
- Run warcraft2's setup.exe (under dos)
- Select music setup
- Highlight Gravis Ultrasound in the list and press ok
- The next screen should say "Setup is about to initialize your sound card...", click ok and immediately wiggle the mouse around

Does it crash, freeze, or proceed to the "Device detected" dialog?

Reply 2245 of 3172, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jmarsh wrote on 2020-04-10, 10:36:
Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but can someone with a GUS test something for me? - Run warcraft2's setup.exe (under dos) - […]
Show full quote

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but can someone with a GUS test something for me?
- Select music setup
- The next screen should say "Setup is about to initialize your sound card...", click ok and immediately wiggle the mouse around

I can test that later but in the meantime which mouse driver are you using?

Reply 2247 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-04-09, 12:36:

Marmes, Cyclone, synoptic, whiskey, d0pefish - I still need your shipping adresses.

Done. Sorry, the site did not send me a notification about new replies.
You should have my address in my old messages I sent 2 years ago also.

Reply 2248 of 3172, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jmarsh wrote on 2020-04-10, 10:36:
Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but can someone with a GUS test something for me? - Run warcraft2's setup.exe (under dos) - […]
Show full quote

- Select music setup

I tested this with my PnP, and got no crashes or freezes. Keep in mind that there's indeed a slight pause, since samples are loaded into the GUS RAM. That's not a freeze, it's perfectly normal behaviour. Wiggling the mouse did not crash or freeze for me it simply might slow down the machine. Specially a driver with such CPU overhead as that MS 8.20 driver.

If you continue to have issues maybe you can create a proper thread about this.

Sorry for the off topic.

Reply 2250 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

9 Release Candidates have been shipped as of today and matze's Prototype from run #2 has been repaired.
If the cards haven't arrived within the next 14 days let me know so I can forward you the tracking numbers.

whiskey and d0pefish - I still need you adresses.
I'll PM you shortly.

[Z?]

Reply 2251 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great! Thank you shock__!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 2252 of 3172, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

shock__ - any plans to maybe offer a plain PCB run plus non-soldered Interwave? At least I wouldn't mind doing all that myself and if it allowed for some return on your work, I would be happy about that also.

Reply 2253 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's the current plan ... I might have underestimated the effort of soldering ~200 InterWaves for the final run, which is prolly why I've been quite lethargic the closer the project got to being finalized.
I've recently announced that change of plans on here.

[Z?]

Reply 2254 of 3172, by d0pefish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-04-09, 12:36:

Apologies for missing this, I got the PM and responded with my address.

Thankyou!

US1wUaR.pngg
💾 Download | 📚 Documentation | Support

Reply 2255 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just got your PM and have replied, Vogons just straight up decided I didn't need notifications from this thread any more ¬_¬

Cheers Shock_!

shock__ wrote on 2020-04-21, 13:47:
9 Release Candidates have been shipped as of today and matze's Prototype from run #2 has been repaired. If the cards haven't arr […]
Show full quote

9 Release Candidates have been shipped as of today and matze's Prototype from run #2 has been repaired.
If the cards haven't arrived within the next 14 days let me know so I can forward you the tracking numbers.

whiskey and d0pefish - I still need you adresses.
I'll PM you shortly.

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 2257 of 3172, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shock__ wrote on 2020-04-21, 14:17:

That's the current plan ... I might have underestimated the effort of soldering ~200 InterWaves for the final run, which is prolly why I've been quite lethargic the closer the project got to being finalized.
I've recently announced that change of plans on here.

I've recently done some QFP soldering on an AWE 64 (CT3670) card and some other similar cards with about the same pin pitch so I completely understand your pain on that one, I did not enjoy that and after I dropped the QFP chip, it did not turn out well.

If you decide to open it up though, I'm keen to pitch in.
Is there any option to get the PCB + the QFP chip without soldering?
Althoough there's been a lot of delays on this project, It's still moving along well 😀

Reply 2258 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A few questions for anyone who's been keeping up to date on this thread;

1. Is there a up to date parts list or basket for the components needed for the RC(1?) PCB which are being sent out?
I'm in the UK so will end up using https://uk.rs-online.com/ for parts, I'll share a RS part's list code once I order for any one else in the UK/Europe.

2. Are the RC PCBs being sent out with the InterWaves pre soldered (just not the ~200 odd production boards)?

Cheers in advance. W

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 2259 of 3172, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there the option of paying for work done re: the interwave? Also, some factories offer semi-assembly with respect to passives.. that might also be something worth exploring.

Anyway I'd rather pay than DIY if that's an option.. especially if it helps shock out.