VOGONS

Reply 1080 of 3172, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sweet! Really looking forward to the final product!

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 1082 of 3172, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice to hear, does it mean i have now to make another donation to get access to 1-2x PCB + Interwave ? 😀

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 1083 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@matze Nah, since you previously donated more than 5€ in June 2015 you'll have the possibility to order and buy up to 3 cards when the production run starts.
Second time donations are fine (if you really want to) but won't get you any benefits.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 1091 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last day for donating.
InterWaves just arrived 2 minutes ago 😀

EDIT: they're beautiful (different batch than the others, the ones I got now produced a few weeks later)
HvFYcxc.jpg

[Z?]

Reply 1094 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just made my third donation! 😁
Not asking for any special benefit in addition to the 3 kits I'm already after, but if the newer chips prove to be fully functional, I'd prefer all 3 to be from the newer batch 😀

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 1095 of 3172, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am happy to have donated towards this project. shock__ and everyone that has contributed to this project have done exceptional work! You should all be proud of what you've accomplished thus far.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 1096 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't wait to put my hands on the final production cards. It'll be a real holiday for me after these 2 years!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 1097 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Delaying the InterWave Batch #2 test to tomorrow, since I spent a bit too much time on the IBM PS/2 I recieved today and have someone coming over to get a backup of his PS/1 made.

[Z?]

Reply 1098 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Second batch of chips recieved is working.
Also: due to (yet another) family emergency I most likely won't be able to work on the project for the next 1-3 weeks. Hooray for dysfunctional families.

[Z?]

Reply 1099 of 3172, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Those cases they shipped in would make a good waffle press when you're done. 😜

Really awesome to see the progress on these; thanks for both doing it and being so open & walking us through the whole thing. Definitely glad I could help out with a donation. (I totally understand about dysfunctional families causing crises BTW - hope you get through that without too much aggravation.)

I'm still idly speculating about how to get multichannel (unmixed) audio out of one of these, but I think it would take a whole whackload more code and R&D. Maybe sending multitrack ADAT out the "general purpose digital outputs" (GPOUT0 and 1) would be possible, but unfortunately I think that's beyond the scope of this project. 😀

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!