VOGONS

Reply 681 of 3174, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's soooo cool! Awesomeness as it is!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 682 of 3174, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dat wiring 😁
I like the placement of the logo and the text on the background. It is clear from internal contacts.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 683 of 3174, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Drooling here. Can't wait to get one in my hands.

Again, thank you for all of your hard work, and to everyone else helping with this amazing project!

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/

Reply 688 of 3174, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How about a discontinued FPGA and transistors with a russian/soviet pinout? 😁

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 691 of 3174, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You guys need to get up to speed with modern times, you need a custom protection circuit black box thingy that requires a monthly license security key update (non transferable) to continue to work.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 692 of 3174, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

With fuses that blow once you don't renew your subscription - requiring you to send in the card to have a new black box thingy fitted (it comes in a 200 ball BGA package - virtually impossible to solder without $1000+ tools)!

[Z?]

Reply 694 of 3174, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ooohhh yeah, now I like what I read - but not quite there: the black box thingy would need to be online constantly in order to activate the card. That's the way to do it, plus a protected PAL. 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 696 of 3174, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Make the card require a specific floppy in the drive, which will be accessed at random intervals when the card is in use?
And have that floppy change every two weeks. The user has to return their floppy by snail mail to the company, and only then do they send the replacement one.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 697 of 3174, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Beegle wrote:

Make the card require a specific floppy in the drive, which will be accessed at random intervals when the card is in use?
And have that floppy change every two weeks. The user has to return their floppy by snail mail to the company, and only then do they send the replacement one.

I imagined stepping this up a notch and requiring it to be a 8 inch floppy. Hahah

Reply 698 of 3174, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Snayperskaya wrote:
Beegle wrote:

I imagined stepping this up a notch and requiring it to be a 8 inch floppy. Hahah

With a 220V @ 60Hz PSU 😀
8" Floppy requiring a caddy for extra points.

[Z?]

Reply 699 of 3174, by Kodai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The caddy is fine as long as the drive requires a non replacable RS232 dongle, and several other required user "security" protections. I would like to see it use a retina scanner, finger print scanner, mouth swab (for DNA), and a 256 character minimum password. Also just to make sure that the user didn't leave the drive on and walk away, the drive must be reset every 5 minutes. This seems reasonable to me.

Last edited by Kodai on 2017-01-11, 00:15. Edited 3 times in total.