VOGONS

Reply 761 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey!
I've just received this news while staying in Bucharest for a V5 6k card, couldn't even imagine a better Christmas!:)
Very happy to see you aboard again!!! Let's rock!
Should you need any help in any stage of producing prototype / finished boards, feel free to contact me.
And again, really happy that you are doing well!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 762 of 3172, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just read the news! I've been busy with family, so haven't frequented the boards. But this is awesome news! Glad to hear you're back Shock! Hope each day is better than the previous!

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/

Reply 764 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still waiting for payment from my sidejob so funding doesn't run dry ... but hey, I can borrow a scope from their place for even better debugging.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 765 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Money just arrived ... therefore Prototypes will be ordered tomorrow/thursday and should be here in 2 weeks.
Really excited about this now 😀

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 766 of 3172, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

awesome news!!! so glad to have you back shock___ !

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 767 of 3172, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't have much interest in the end product I gotta admit but the skill / effort required to get it to this point is just mind blowing - well done mate.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 771 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Cool news, shock__!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 773 of 3172, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh yeah! <insert> *Irish Jig*

Reply 775 of 3172, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm subscribing to this thread as well. I've been watching it for a while now. I'd like to purchase a kit when one becomes available. Keep up the good work, and thank you for preserving / sharing a piece of history with us!

Reply 776 of 3172, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Need to contact Keropi for assembly.... 🤣

Reply 777 of 3172, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dogchainx wrote:

I actually want to assemble it myself. I have all the required equipment and I'm pretty confident in my soldering (regular and SMD) skills. It can't be any harder then replacing a TMU on a voodoo 2.

Basically I need the PCB, components and instructions or detailed shots of the finished product 😀 I'll be a fun project.

Last edited by kanecvr on 2016-02-05, 10:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 778 of 3172, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kanecvr wrote:
I actually want to assemble it myself. I have all the required equipment and I'm pretty confident in my soldering (regular and S […]
Show full quote
dogchainx wrote:

I actually want to assemble it myself. I have all the required equipment and I'm pretty confident in my soldering (regular and SMD) skills. It can't be any harder then replacing a TMU on a voodoo 2.

Basically I need the PCB, components and instructions or detailed shots of the finished product 😀 I'll be a fun project.

Also (possibly a stupid question - don't bite my head off) - could it be possible to include a PCI to ISA bridge chip on the same PCB and make a PCI version of this card? That would be kick-ass.

I was going to purchase proper equipment to do this and practice, but having almost ZERO time right now, I'll leave my board assembly in much more capable hands. 😎

You'll have to do a thread of your assembly, maybe a video! I've watched a lot of PCB assembly solder videos on youtube, and it looks straight forward after a lot of practice, but actually seeing one of these being put together would be awesome.

Maybe Keropi can make a video of doing mine? 😉 Keropi? 😎

Reply 779 of 3172, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ heh maybe if I find a way to fix my phone in a position that can capture video OK... it's 720p camera so the vid will be good (lumia with a zeiss lens) for this... but it's not gonna be anything spectacular, just soldering stuff 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website