VOGONS

Reply 560 of 894, by lvader

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just got around to testing it with Dreamblaster X2, it is very quiet compared to my Roland cards. It is set to the high volume setting. Any ideas? I don’t have another wavetable or external midi to try at the moment.

Reply 561 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ the card does nothing to the volume output of the daughterboards - unless you use the jumpers to limit it. So in the "high" setting you get a straight connection from the daughterboard's output. Do a test with the X2's onboard stereo jack: it will be the same.

A sidenote: there is some weirdness on the 'line out" output level, it used to be higher but the standard changed and now devices use a lower setting , it's an issue for example when you record directly from an old pc using a modern sound card - at least with the combos I tried over the years....

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 563 of 894, by dreamblaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

X2 is a more quiet as it has high polyphony (81 voices) : avoid clipping even if all instruments play at once.
using the preset utility, you can change the gain if you like

Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
DreamBlaster X2, S2, S2P, HDD Clicker, ... many projects !
New X2GS SE & X16GS sound card : https://www.serdashop.com/X2GS-SE ,
Thanks for your support !

Reply 566 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@Xeen
it's done 😀

@eviljoeclark
contact Marmes 😉 or if you bought from me send me an email to forward your request

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 567 of 894, by argniest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there, I am new to this forum, and may be interested in purchasing one of your cards. But I dont know if I really want to post my information in that spreadsheet.

How much do the cards cost? And can you reach out to me with a PM on this forum? Since I just registered a new account, I am not sure if I can PM you or not. And I saw there were only 9 cards left.

Do you accept Paypal as payment for your cards?

Reply 572 of 894, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have too many emails now 🙁. My job keeps me also a bit busy. I had to take 3 days just to send all.
If anyone is interested, please send me an email so I can give the tracking number. I sent packages in 2 parts, 15 at once, so I have a list with paypal names of people that paid for cards.
Thank you for understanding 😀

Kind Regards to all !

Reply 574 of 894, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, I am very late to this thread, but is there maybe a summary of how to get hold of one of the cards? I.e.:

* How much does the fully assembled card cost?
* Are Kits, bare PCBs (+BOM) or PCB schematics available?

I did find the Google sheet for ordering. Are the information in there up to date? It says there will be a new batch in 1 month -- but 1 month from when?

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by root42 on 2018-07-03, 12:38. Edited 1 time in total.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 575 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ check out Phil's review: https://youtu.be/ymQJvwOTM0E it has all the info
there are no kits or schematics available for now and atm the google sheet is the only way to get on the list... maybe there are amibay sales threads like the previous version mpus, maybe a fb group or maybe a simple store page but no work is done in that front as of now.
I would say that 1 month for now is a good guess before more cards appear 😀

Reply 577 of 894, by Agent of the BSoD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got mine in the other week and have tested it out a little with my SB Pro 2 and it works beautifully, nice work! Only thing to note is that the bracket doesn't quite line up with the screw hole, but that is indeed a minor thing. I can wedge the screw in to keep it steady nonetheless, not like I can see it all the time in the case anyway. Now if I can find an SB16 that lets me disable its own MIDI port, that would be awesome, as my CT2940 conflicts with this card.

Pentium MMX 233 | 64MB | FIC PA-2013 | Matrox Mystique 220 | SB Pro 2 | Music Quest MPU Clone | Windows 95B
MT-32 | SC-55mkII, 88Pro, 8820 | SB16 CT2230
3DFX Voodoo 1&2 | S3 ViRGE GX2 | PowerVR PCX1&2 | Rendition Vérité V1000 | ATI 3D Rage Pro

Reply 578 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Always nice yo hear another satisfied user 😀
The CT2230 is a nice SB16 model, allows midi port to be disabled, use port 300 or 330. Disabling/300 works great for this purpose.
Can you take a picture about the bracket issue? There is some working space to adjust it on purpose but maybe we can improve the design more.

Reply 579 of 894, by Agent of the BSoD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah this is what it looks like. Top is MPU, bottom is SB Pro 2.
5dzjfzNl.jpg
You can see it doesn't quite line up. I've already tried forcing it a bit more since it was completely off when I got it, but at least now I can wedge the screw in there to keep the card from moving around, the screw just kinda goes in there diagonally.

Pentium MMX 233 | 64MB | FIC PA-2013 | Matrox Mystique 220 | SB Pro 2 | Music Quest MPU Clone | Windows 95B
MT-32 | SC-55mkII, 88Pro, 8820 | SB16 CT2230
3DFX Voodoo 1&2 | S3 ViRGE GX2 | PowerVR PCX1&2 | Rendition Vérité V1000 | ATI 3D Rage Pro