VOGONS

Reply 800 of 894, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just got shocked: my 386 wouldn't play any MT32 sounds anymore. Monkey Island 2 would say: "couldn't initialize sound system", mqdiag would say that it had seen the card, but couldn't determine the IRQ. So I tried forcing IRQ2-- no luck. I switched to IRQ3-- no luck.

I pulled out the card, inspected it visually. Re-seated the GAL, because I think it is determining the IRQ...? No luck... Nothing I would try would work. Until, finally...

I pulled off the jumper for the port address. It was pretty loose fitting. And voila: the card is detected on port 300h! I borrowed a jumper from a TVGA9000 to get the card back to 330h -- and it still works!

Sometimes the little things fail... Why? I have no clue, I never changed the port setting. Maybe it was a flaky jumper and it finally gave up making good contact.

Glad that the card is back in working order!

IMG_7990.jpg
Filename
IMG_7990.jpg
File size
604.55 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 801 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

wow
yeah maybe the jumper was defective , maybe the internal clamp is not good - nice catch!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 802 of 894, by Lumpmoose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but are any more of these cards available? I’ve submitted a request via the email form linked at the ‘ISA MPU Card’ page at Serdashop, but I haven’t heard back.

Reply 803 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lumpmoose wrote on 2020-06-11, 17:27:

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but are any more of these cards available? I’ve submitted a request via the email form linked at the ‘ISA MPU Card’ page at Serdashop, but I haven’t heard back.

yes they are available - but not readily available since we are missing cables atm that just got shipped to us from the factory.... it will be some 2 weeks though before they arrive with all this covid deal...
when did you send the email? was it this morning?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 804 of 894, by Lumpmoose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2020-06-11, 17:33:
Lumpmoose wrote on 2020-06-11, 17:27:

yes they are available - but not readily available since we are missing cables atm that just got shipped to us from the factory.... it will be some 2 weeks though before they arrive with all this covid deal...
when did you send the email? was it this morning?

Last week and a couple days ago. Either email address is fine (emails mentioning Maple Grove, MN). Thanks!

Reply 806 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://pcmidi.eu is live!
It's a truly retro-style PCMIDI website with basic info - browse it with your 386 system!
Obviously not an eshop or a serious business attempt - so keep that in mind.
It was designed with 640x480 resolution with 256 colors in mind , the whole site is ~48kb and the single high-res pcmidi jpeg is ~200kb 🤣

Here you can see some shots of the site being rendered on my 486slc33 system with the built-in browser of Geoworks Ensemble under DOS 😀

xrR6OI3l.jpg

AgPYojHl.jpg

VT3VPnDl.jpg

UuNZBEUl.jpg

kad1WH0l.jpg

Reply 808 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
martinot wrote on 2020-07-05, 18:51:

Nice work Keropi!

glad you liked it! 😁

Reply 811 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

very nice thiery! thanks for sharing that pic! I notice opera renders a little different - ah the joys of old browsers 🤣
also spotted that 8" pvm 😁

Reply 812 of 894, by thierry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2020-07-11, 05:51:

very nice thiery! thanks for sharing that pic! I notice opera renders a little different - ah the joys of old browsers 🤣
also spotted that 8" pvm 😁

PVM! Yes, that's another story!

anmtgJw.png

Reply 814 of 894, by unagi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I used the form to order one of the cards and transferred the money to your PayPal but I haven't heard back, so I assume this was somehow lost/missed. Is there a way to contact you? I tried the email that sent the form but there was no response.

Reply 815 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
unagi wrote on 2020-08-08, 18:54:

Hello!

I used the form to order one of the cards and transferred the money to your PayPal but I haven't heard back, so I assume this was somehow lost/missed. Is there a way to contact you? I tried the email that sent the form but there was no response.

Hello!
I am sending you a PM with my email so you can give me more details
don't worry all will be sorted out 😀

Reply 816 of 894, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can also contact me, as soon as I get home, I will search my emails about this, if it went to spam or not. I sent all the cards I got address , if I missed yours, I will send one asap. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reply 818 of 894, by Enchurito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I was looking into ordering one of these for my 486 to hook up my ra-50. The ordering page has a link that says "contact the original manufacturer of these" when I tried to click it I got an error saying the form didn't exist. Are these not able to be ordered right now?