VOGONS

Reply 160 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yes- but it will take some time because this time the card is getting redesigned and there is a new feature addition 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 164 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

At this point there is no way to reserve/preorder , there is no definite timeframe when the card is checked and ready to go , so it is best to avoid unpleasantness.
Cost-wise it will be slightly more expensive, nothing that will scare people away... will it be 5eur? 10eur? 15eur? it won't be more than that though

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 166 of 894, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
keropi wrote:

and there is a new feature addition 😀

Wavetable header??

This pleases me.

Rackatack wrote:

this might be a stupid question, but what will the wavetable header provide if you are able to hook it up to a midi device?

You can use a wavetable daughterboard, eg wave blaster, SCD-15, XR385... without relying on another sound card that might have bugs.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 167 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The ability to use wavetable daughterboards , maybe someone does't want to go external, doesn't like the clutter, already has daughterboards to use , avoind hanging notes as DK mentions above, etc etc
Functionality-wise it will be the same as the MPU401-AT .

Reply 169 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks!
we also moved from DIP components to SMD ones (except the Z8 , we don't touch this so we don't break any compatibility) , card should be a little larger than a XR385 😀
still there is work and testing to be done, it's all on paper (ok screen 🤣) atm

Reply 171 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

sure, ideas for improvements are always welcome 😀

Reply 172 of 894, by Rackatack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I understand, It makes a lot of sence, and I forgot that some cards didn't have the wavetable header ...
There are a lot of good and "cheap" options for general midi, the dream blasters are amazing.
Would you be able to use a midi daughterboard together with an external MT-32 for example?

Reply 173 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes ofcourse! you can use both wavetable and external midi-out at the same time without issues.

Reply 175 of 894, by Rackatack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

Yes ofcourse! you can use both wavetable and external midi-out at the same time without issues.

seems a cool way to test and compare two different modules, or to only have the one that sounds best for a game or so.

Reply 176 of 894, by Rackatack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

regarding the hanging note bug, I think I'm lucky that I didn't have to suffer from that with my cards, the only time I have that issue is when the game crashes, or when I "force quit" the game.

Reply 177 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wait... WaveTable and MPU401 combined on one card? That's amazing! Would the card have an output connector to hook up to speakers or a sound card? I'm planning on buying the card in the future, and purchase a WaveTable daughter board.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 178 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ yes, both working at the same time and ofcourse there will be at least a 3.5" stereo jack that will output the daughterboard's audio.