VOGONS

Reply 281 of 894, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cadderlik wrote:
Scraphoarder wrote:

I put my name on the google list for 2, but no clue if it was registered or saved.

Hey why You put Yourself at the first place - I was at the first place Mister. U should be at the end of the line 😈

Sorry. I was using a Surface navigating with touch and couldnt scroll down so i thought the doc was locked and the open spot on the top was for filling in i would automatic get my place. Never used Google docs before..

Reply 282 of 894, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Added myself to the waiting list. I see some people noted themselves as preferring a kit for self-assembly. Can we request it that way? I'd quite like that.

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 285 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

only complete/tested cards will be sold atm , sorry
there has been some smd soldering going on but nothing interesting to report, real-life is taking it's toll again :\

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 287 of 894, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

only complete/tested cards will be sold atm , sorry

No problem! I just figured it would be a fun little project. I'd rather have the card and find something else to solder, than not have the card at all. Thanks so much for your hard work!

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 289 of 894, by Nutricula87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've added my myself to the list, hope that's alright. Thanks for making these cards by the way, so much appreciated. 😀 I just hope you don't run out of components by the time you get down the list, haha.

Iv'e been viewing VOGONS for years, I should have signed up ages ago.

Reply 290 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No , there is no chance the big batch will be ready at October - only the 20 cards will be ready for extensive testing (it's only the wavetable header that needs testing but we need to make sure all DBs work OK with it)

I hate these delays as well - we are already a couple of months overdue but when life thinks otherwise you don't have a choice. Remember this is not a business (sadly 🤣) , it's a spare time project.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 292 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

well, I got some pics with a XR385 - just to see how it all fits 😁

F2YxrQYl.jpg

XtCNUOIl.jpg

Reply 294 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yep it does and db did not catch fire so that's a good sign 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reply 295 of 894, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

well, I got some pics with a XR385 - just to see how it all fits 😁

It looks so odd with the disparity in size.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 296 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it was unavoidable... we just followed the standard set 🤣 🤣 🤣

wqqble.jpg

once can use an S2 or X2 - then size would be more appropriate 😁

Reply 297 of 894, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

yep it does and db did not catch fire so that's a good sign 🤣 🤣 🤣

ha yes you a brave man testing it with a XR385!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 299 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

allright, we are getting there!

EyMo2Ibl.jpg

everything is stable and working great on the wavetable header BUT some patching was needed on this first batch:

LkDPs5Fl.jpg

You can see that a couple of passives were replaced by a dedicated reset ic - this was needed for stability so that every daughterboard will work no matter how good or cheap it is. Ofcourse this will be fixed on the next PCB revision - the boards as they are patched at the moment work perfectly and stable , ofcourse extensive testing is still going. All these are done for (and only affect) the wavetable header, the midi-out ports at the back are working perfectly with 100% compatibility just like the older card that was made.

Brackets are still in queue at the CNC machine, they will be made from stainless steel. Included breakout cable will be hand-made just like the previous boards that were sold, we are examining the possibility of having them machine-made for the next batch (or maybe think of something else)