VOGONS

Reply 320 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nah it's just people trying to be helpful , I think they didn't even understand that card was a 2017 one

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 321 of 894, by blackmasked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just to let everyone know, I have moved myself from row 4 to row 20. I've had a baby recently and during the next few months won't have much time for retro computing related activities. Therefore, I am willing to give up my spot and let someone else do all the testing that keropi is asking for.

DOS build: Gigabyte GA-586T2, P200 MMX, 64MB RAM, Tseng ET6000 4MB, Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold, Roland SC-55mkII, Yamaha MU-80
98SE build: MSI MS-6163 Pro, PIII 650MHz, 256MB RAM, Voodoo3 3000, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum, Yamaha SW1000XG

Reply 322 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

congrats on the new baby!
btw, testing is not really needed at this point - just play old games and enjoy 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 323 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
blackmasked wrote:

Just to let everyone know, I have moved myself from row 4 to row 20. I've had a baby recently and during the next few months won't have much time for retro computing related activities. Therefore, I am willing to give up my spot and let someone else do all the testing that keropi is asking for.

Congrats on the new baby, man!

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 325 of 894, by blackmasked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks everyone. My 4 year old daughter is already into retro computers. She's been helping me restore an old AT keyboard recently by cleaning all the keys one by one.
She's also quite handy with a screwdriver. I'm very proud of her ;]

the Goat wrote:
blackmasked wrote:

I've had a baby recently and during the next few months won't have much time. . .

next few months years decades

Congrats on the baby.

DOS build: Gigabyte GA-586T2, P200 MMX, 64MB RAM, Tseng ET6000 4MB, Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold, Roland SC-55mkII, Yamaha MU-80
98SE build: MSI MS-6163 Pro, PIII 650MHz, 256MB RAM, Voodoo3 3000, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum, Yamaha SW1000XG

Reply 326 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
blackmasked wrote:

Thanks everyone. My 4 year old daughter is already into retro computers. She's been helping me restore an old AT keyboard recently by cleaning all the keys one by one.
She's also quite handy with a screwdriver. I'm very proud of her ;]

the Goat wrote:
blackmasked wrote:

I've had a baby recently and during the next few months won't have much time. . .

next few months years decades

Congrats on the baby.

That's amazing, dude. I started to be interested in working on computers when I was 3.5 years old. I took apart the family 486 computer at that time, and that's what sparked my interest. I do have an impressive collection of computers and electronics (see my signature). The best score was the Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus. That, and upgrading my Windows 98SE machine from the K6-2/300 to a Socket 370 (VIA C3 700A) ATX system for more game support, and AGP GPUs (1x/2x/4x).

Going to use my K6-2/300 as a backup MS-DOS machine or for my C64 after I re-brick the PSU for games and stuff.

Reply 331 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Still testing and improving - most delays is for parts to arrive. One component needed replacing in order to improve further compatibility ... I don't want to sell something that could have potential issues that will lead to unpleasantness. Also the package with the brackets is getting delayed because for no reason at all it is travelling from Germany->Greece via road means. I don't know if this is some new weird security case (brackets look weird in x-ray?) but it's not coming airmail... 😐

I know this is taking way longer than expected and I am sorry for that... 🙁

Reply 333 of 894, by blackmasked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not sure if anyone asked this question yet, but will your card work properly with a PSU that does not have a -5V rail?

Last edited by blackmasked on 2017-11-22, 17:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 334 of 894, by phunqe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

Still testing and improving - most delays is for parts to arrive. One component needed replacing in order to improve further compatibility ... I don't want to sell something that could have potential issues that will lead to unpleasantness. Also the package with the brackets is getting delayed because for no reason at all it is travelling from Germany->Greece via road means. I don't know if this is some new weird security case (brackets look weird in x-ray?) but it's not coming airmail... 😐

I know this is taking way longer than expected and I am sorry for that... 🙁

Odd, I've had a lot of cards with brackets coming from the states and if there's no issue there I don't think anybody else would have it 😀

Keep up the good work 😀

Reply 335 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Withdrew my interest since I got a sound card lot from Amibay (PeterNY) that has the WaveTable header with the Yamaha DB50XG. Thanks though.

Reply 336 of 894, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
blackmasked wrote:

Not sure if anyone asked this question yet, but will your card work properly with a PSU that does not have a -5V rail?

Even if it doesn't, you can get an adapter that adds -5v to a PSU that doesn't provide -5v.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 337 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just an update since I've got a couple of PMs about the delay - yes we still work on the mpu and currently investigating some daughterboard reset issues. One would think this is a simple task and in paper it is BUT there are a bazillion boards out there and they don't always play nice. The original Z8 firmware/code is left intact - external modules work 101% like in the previous version so nothing changed in that regard. It's just more bad luck I guess... 😵

qUBlHQvm.jpg

Reply 338 of 894, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

Just an update since I've got a couple of PMs about the delay - yes we still work on the mpu and currently investigating some daughterboard reset issues. One would think this is a simple task and in paper it is BUT there are a bazillion boards out there and they don't always play nice. The original Z8 firmware/code is left intact - external modules work 101% like in the previous version so nothing changed in that regard. It's just more bad luck I guess... 😵

<snip>

Thanks for the update! I feel that making the board as good as possible is very important! So I would say take all the time you need (and can spare).

1982 to 2001