VOGONS

Reply 460 of 894, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

not big, just fragile 😀 if you often plug this in and out, or you may get caught in a cable.. it's easy to break it 😁

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 461 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would say it's as easy to break as any other breakout cable that is not pressed like that bulky piece of plastic some MQ cards came with. Everything breaks if you mistreat it and quite frankly this belongs to a back of a computer along with the other cables and not at the center of the living room during a party 😵
I feel this particular aspect got more attention than it deserves.
It's not made out of glass, it won't break if you drop it, it won't fall apart in your hands 🤣 arrange your cables like you would with every other expansion, connect them and just use the thing....

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 462 of 894, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

Also I will repeat that anyone that can patch mt-32 drivers to get rid of the buffer/checksums error please say so. It will benefit anyone.

I don't have an actual MT-32, but perhaps I can give it a try anyway.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 464 of 894, by RetroBoogie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am watching this thread, thinking about jumping in to the MT-32 pool but boy is there an entry fee.. Either way thank you SO much for making this viable option for easier MIDI.

Reply 465 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ thanks 😀

I've been busy slowly soldering a small army of cards 🤣

09Gw0xpl.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 466 of 894, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:
^ thanks :) […]
Show full quote

^ thanks 😀

I've been busy slowly soldering a small army of cards 🤣

09Gw0xpl.jpg

Nice work! My MT-32 is patiently waiting.

1982 to 2001

Reply 468 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Funny you mention that, I believe a like button would help. On many occasions I post something like "good job/awesome/I like it/keep it up" and a like button would help decrease these cheerleading posts so hopefully more important ones are more visible.

Reply 469 of 894, by Tree Wyrm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Awesome! I like that blue colored pcb too. Btw what are those plastic pegs called (and what their size is) which would go into holes for daughterboard? Mine that came with SB16/WaveBlaster got broken a long time ago obviosuly, need replacements.

Reply 470 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

these are nylon/plastic spacers you are talking about

Reply 473 of 894, by Burrito78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome! Nice seeing progress! I asked to be put on the list in the Amibay thread. I heard about some document on Google docs but that was outdated. So did i miss to raise my voice somewhere or is everything OK and i might get a card eventually?

Sound Blaster: From best to worst
Member of DOSBox Staging

Reply 474 of 894, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Burrito78 wrote:

Awesome! Nice seeing progress! I asked to be put on the list in the Amibay thread. I heard about some document on Google docs but that was outdated. So did i miss to raise my voice somewhere or is everything OK and i might get a card eventually?

Hmm, I am only on the Google docs list, nowhere else. Do I need to take action to get one?

1982 to 2001

Reply 475 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know how to approach this tbh. There are more than enough cards but the google docs list is many months old now , almost a year and I found that a good chunk of people are not interested anymore or did not see their emails or whatever leading to delays.
I would suggest anyone still interested to make their name in bold or something on the list so marmes and I will contact you first, does that sound good?

Reply 476 of 894, by Arvid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

I don't know how to approach this tbh. There are more than enough cards but the google docs list is many months old now , almost a year and I found that a good chunk of people are not interested anymore or did not see their emails or whatever leading to delays.
I would suggest anyone still interested to make their name in bold or something on the list so marmes and I will contact you first, does that sound good?

I bolded my name in the list, I assume it´s this document we´re talking about: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q6WDw … BYB4/edit#gid=0

Any idea when these cards will start shipping? Really looking forward to completing a couple of builds with these cards 😀
Does the breakout cable have a female end so that a normal midi cable can be used to connect from the breakout cable to the midi module?

Reply 477 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Shipping will start at the end of next week
We are using indeed female midi receptors so a normal midi cable must be used. Specifically this is the cable we use: https://www.serdashop.com/3.5mmMIDICable