VOGONS

Reply 201 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks but atm there is no need to do anything other than wait... it's just design and making sure the wavetable additions will work correctly. 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 202 of 894, by phunqe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

it's still in the works, half the parts are ordered and pcb is being designed in spare time after long work hours... it's moving but a little slow. I will keep you updated once there is something close to final to present 😀

Sounds awesome keropi. I manged to secure an MT-32 in good condition, so after this midi card it's the easier part left (build a 486 PC 😉)

Reply 204 of 894, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe Im lost. MPU card is design to talk to the MT32... why are features like wavetable header being added? for what purpose?

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 206 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

well, the card works the same way as the MPU-401AT : both wavetable header and midi-out ports get the same midi data , so like Rackatack comments you have the option to connect a GM daughterboard and a MT-32 and with a simple sound selector you chose what you want to hear.
The wavetable header will not be plagued with bugs, hanging notes, TSRs and drivers - it will just work and will give you a trouble-free experience.

@Cadderlik
there will be enough cards to go around, people that express interest here and in amibay will be on the "reserved list" so I will contact you . All deals are done in amibay forum though.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 208 of 894, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Me too 😀

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 209 of 894, by blackmasked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One for me please.

DOS build: Gigabyte GA-586T2, P200 MMX, 64MB RAM, Tseng ET6000 4MB, Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold, Roland SC-55mkII, Yamaha MU-80
98SE build: MSI MS-6163 Pro, PIII 650MHz, 256MB RAM, Voodoo3 3000, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum, Yamaha SW1000XG

Reply 210 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm also interested in the card as well.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 213 of 894, by Jepael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

well, the card works the same way as the MPU-401AT : both wavetable header and midi-out ports get the same midi data , so like Rackatack comments you have the option to connect a GM daughterboard and a MT-32 and with a simple sound selector you chose what you want to hear.
The wavetable header will not be plagued with bugs, hanging notes, TSRs and drivers - it will just work and will give you a trouble-free experience.

As the data is sent to both MIDI OUT and wavetable, how are they split? Will a malfunctioning wavetable or external MIDI device cause both devices to stay mute? So just a hint if you have an extra buffer 😀

Reply 214 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

we are doing it the MPU401AT way so bases are covered. There is also some volume jumpers so loud daughterboards like the XR385 don't clip - this idea was taken from dreamblaster's designs 😀

Reply 215 of 894, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd like to get on the reserved list as well. I am currently interested in getting 2.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 216 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have created a google sheet here so people can add their interest over there - I think it's better to organize a little 😀

Reply 219 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it shouldn't be , I did not made any changes like that... I'll look into it

edit: should be OK now