VOGONS

Reply 320 of 742, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
KainXVIII wrote:

I don't get it, how to to use new FSMP to play dosbox with roland sc (it does not show up in mixer /listmidi command) or windows games?

Hi,
In this case you should handle FSMP exactly like SAVIHost. It works the same way, so you need at least a virtual midi cable.

KainXVIII wrote:

PS - i already uninstalled savihost and loopmidi which work fine by me 😕

That was a mistake. You should not have uninstalled loopmidi. Without it you cannot connect Dosbox to FSMP.

KainXVIII wrote:

I can't activate midi in, its grayed out.

If there is no midi-in port in your system, you cannot activate midi-in. As I have written above the reason is you have uninstalled loopmidi (and no other software/hardware midi-in port exists in your system anymore). Also make sure you download the x86 (32bit) version of FSMP since 32bit only software cables do not appear in x64 software (e.g. midi-yoke, I do not remember loopmidi).

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2016-10-18, 20:43. Edited 4 times in total.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 321 of 742, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oops, my bad! Now it works fine 😎
PS - not sure about what Capital tone fallback do, but its enabled.
PPS - there is no way to make roland sc vsti plugin to be sc-55 by default?

Reply 322 of 742, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
KainXVIII wrote:

PS - not sure about what Capital tone fallback do, but its enabled.

More info:
http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_howto.html#a16

KainXVIII wrote:

PPS - there is no way to make roland sc vsti plugin to be sc-55 by default?

Originally you had to save SC-VA settings after you had altered mode to SC-55 and load the settings manually. I have made a last minute modification that enables auto loading the last used settings file. This means first you have to modify SC-VA settings the way you like and then save the settings. If 'Autoload last used settings file' is enabled then your settings are restored. If you use more settings auto load always loads the last loaded/saved settings file.
Main version remained the same file version 4.0.1.3.
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer
*Older versions of saved settings files are not working anymore and need to be re-saved. This is because I have added id to prevent loading wrong (another plugin's) save files.

Reply 324 of 742, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, i still need to enter vsti config every time i launch MidiPlayer and press Play button to autoload settings to work, its one-two clicks less then before, but still a hassle 😵
If i just load MidiPlayer and then launch game (i test on System Shock Enhanced) it still sounds wrong with sc-8820 which loads by default 😠

Reply 325 of 742, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Do you close FSMP and DOSBox each time you start a new game?
I run FSMP+SC-VA once and start a DOSBox session, I use Norton Commander to launch all games within dosbox without restarting dosbox, just like my real retro PC.

Even with a real SC-8820 you have to plug the power supply (yes, you have to physically move), press the Power button, press the Map button.
Way more calories than a few mouse clicks by my calculations. 😐
A hassle?

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 326 of 742, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
James-F wrote:
Do you close FSMP and DOSBox each time you start a new game? I run FSMP+SC-VA once and start a DOSBox session, I use Norton Comm […]
Show full quote

Do you close FSMP and DOSBox each time you start a new game?
I run FSMP+SC-VA once and start a DOSBox session, I use Norton Commander to launch all games within dosbox without restarting dosbox, just like my real retro PC.

Even with a real SC-8820 you have to plug the power supply (yes, you have to physically move), press the Power button, press the Map button.
Way more calories than a few mouse clicks by my calculations. 😐
A hassle?

I sometimes reboot computer or even turn it off!
I mean if it CAN be fixed or speed up, then why not to do it? 😊

Reply 327 of 742, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can always use FSMP and SAVIHost (auto-load SC-55 preset) and run both with a single batch file, I used to do that.
A simple double-click and you're good to go.

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 328 of 742, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
KainXVIII wrote:

Well, i still need to enter vsti config every time i launch MidiPlayer and press Play button to autoload settings to work, its one-two clicks less then before, but still a hassle 😵
If i just load MidiPlayer and then launch game (i test on System Shock Enhanced) it still sounds wrong with sc-8820 which loads by default 😠

I don't know if I understand your problem fully so I describe what should be done.
1. Load SC-VA vsti plugin.
2. Set SC-VA mode to SC-55.
3. Save SC-VA settings to file.
4. Check 'Auloload last used settings file' in SC-VA plugin window.

After you have done these steps you can activate SC-VA VSTi plugin by pressing Shift +I right after FSMP has started. Thats exactly zero click just a key combo. Shift + I not only opens the window but loads the plugin and If you have set autoload as I have written above the SC-55 settings are loaded.

Reply 329 of 742, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:
I don't know if I understand your problem fully so I describe what should be done. 1. Load SC-VA vsti plugin. 2. Set SC-VA mode […]
Show full quote
KainXVIII wrote:

I don't know if I understand your problem fully so I describe what should be done.
1. Load SC-VA vsti plugin.
2. Set SC-VA mode to SC-55.
3. Save SC-VA settings to file.
4. Check 'Auloload last used settings file' in SC-VA plugin window.

After you have done these steps you can activate SC-VA VSTi plugin by pressing Shift +I right after FSMP has started. Thats exactly zero click just a key combo. Shift + I not only opens the window but loads the plugin and If you have set autoload as I have written above the SC-55 settings are loaded.

Yeah, you make it simple! Maybe i mean/propose to make activation of VSTi plugin automatic, with the launch of FSMP? It can be toggle option somewhere..

Reply 330 of 742, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have explained the problem to James-F in FSMP topic
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player
Actually loading defaults was also problematic with SC-VA so I had to use a 100ms timer. (It always freeze if I load settings right after initialization) Maybe the timer option can work also with initial loading.

Reply 331 of 742, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

I have explained the problem to James-F in FSMP topic
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player
Actually loading defaults was also problematic with SC-VA so I had to use a 100ms timer. (It always freeze if I load settings right after initialization) Maybe the timer option can work also with initial loading.

It seems its more complicated then i thought, thanks for explaining.

Reply 332 of 742, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
It seems loading delay with timer solved SC-VA (and other VSTi) startup problems so I have made a new test version with added 'Autoload at Startup' option. If it proves to be problem free normal VST effect plugins will get this option too.
http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_41_test.zip
PS. Feedback and further discussion are welcome in the FSMP topic:

Reply 333 of 742, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
If someone does not care about SC-VA authentic/traditional look but prefers readability the font that is responsible for the less than perfect look is 'ODRF_UPR-Regular.otf'. If you uninstall this font SC-VA uses Windows default Segoe UI that makes characters more readable (Notice that with original font the character '3' regularly looks like '9' in the channel list).
Before/After:

scva_font.jpg
Filename
scva_font.jpg
File size
271 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 335 of 742, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm detect very rare error in SC-VA
In Pilice Quest 2 drumset CM32/64L played with error in paning.
Why is that ?

Attachments

• Filename
    PQ2GS1.zip
    File size
    12.8 KiB
    Downloads
    66 downloads
    File comment
    Track
    File license
  • Filename
    standard.mp3
    File size
    3.59 MiB
    Downloads
    76 downloads
    File comment
    Standard Drumset only
    File license
  • Filename
    cm32.mp3
    File size
    3.65 MiB
    Downloads
    66 downloads
    File comment
    CM32 Drumset only
    File license

Reply 337 of 742, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes , PQ2 use reprogrammed Instruments on MT-32 Modules and Emulators such as MUNT , but have one moment. Drumset pan and instruments pan not reprogrammed. Pan sets value -63 = left , pan sets value 0 = center , pan sets value +64 = right or 0 = Left , 64 = Center , 127 = Right this Depending from MIDI-sequencer.
Problem in , what in some reads ROM MT-32 , it was readed with stereo reverse or invert channels.
And it this inversion partial , but select Standard drum set in SC-55 map this inversion disappears. If then select CM32/64L Sets this inversion newly returned.

Attachments

• Filename
    drums.mp3
    File size
    3.59 MiB
    Downloads
    89 downloads
    File comment
    All Drumsets variable.
    File license
Last edited by Roland User on 2016-11-23, 13:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 338 of 742, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fair enough. It just struck me as a bit of a strange test for SC-VA, that's all.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder