Ok it seems to work now. […]
Show full quote

Ok it seems to work now.

I used these two programs:

- loopMIDI
- SAVIHost

Here is a screenshot with Doom 2 in DOSBox 😀

Hi Phil.
Do you know another app that works the same way the loopMIDI?
I tried install in the Windows XP 32bit but doesn't work.

EDIT: LoopMIDI doesn't install.

Reply 562 of 741, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rseron wrote:
Hi Phil. Do you know another app that works the same way the loopMIDI? I tried install in the Windows XP 32bit but doesn't work. […]
Show full quote
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
Ok it seems to work now. […]
Show full quote

Ok it seems to work now.

I used these two programs:

- loopMIDI
- SAVIHost

Here is a screenshot with Doom 2 in DOSBox 😀

Hi Phil.
Do you know another app that works the same way the loopMIDI?
I tried install in the Windows XP 32bit but doesn't work.

EDIT: LoopMIDI doesn't install.

For future reference, loopMIDI's site currently specifies: "Virtual loopback MIDI cable for Windows 7 up to Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit."

The last version of loopMIDI listed as XP compatible is available using the WaybackMachine.
Here's a direct link to the WaybackMachine download: https://web.archive.org/web/20170706055533/ht … p_1_0_13_24.zip

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 563 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Instead of LoopMidi you can also use MIDI Yoke and Maple virtual Midi cables under 32-bit XP.
Maple: https://web.archive.org/web/20060430113105/ht … ple_driver.html
MIDI Yoke: http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 564 of 741, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Probably silly question, but I'll ask it anyway: games expect a Sound Canvas device to be in GS mode initially, right? In other words, when a real SC-55 is switched on, it is in GS mode?

(I'm setting the SCVA plugin to GS mode prior to starting a game, assuming the above is true.)

Reply 567 of 741, by airs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Purchased Sound Canvas VA last night and was very excited to use it this morning, but can't seem to get it working. When I load it in FSMP on my laptop, nothing happens. It just sits there and I can't click on anything in the VST panel or FSMP. No CPU/HDD activity, I've let it sit for ~15 minutes like that. Sound fonts work, and the Yamaha plugin works just fine.

Any ideas? 😕

Attachments

• ek6nt8G.jpg
    Filename
    ek6nt8G.jpg
    File size
    1.04 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 568 of 741, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
airs wrote:

Purchased Sound Canvas VA last night and was very excited to use it this morning, but can't seem to get it working. When I load it in FSMP on my laptop, nothing happens. It just sits there and I can't click on anything in the VST panel or FSMP. No CPU/HDD activity, I've let it sit for ~15 minutes like that. Sound fonts work, and the Yamaha plugin works just fine.

Any ideas? 😕

Did you manage to register it or not get that far even? Worked fine for me under win 7 a couple of months ago.

Reply 569 of 741, by airs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kolderman wrote:
airs wrote:

Any ideas? 😕

Did you manage to register it or not get that far even? Worked fine for me under win 7 a couple of months ago.

Nope, can’t get that far 🙁

Reply 571 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolderman wrote:

You have the 32-bit version of midiplayer? Selecting the correct file to load in the plugin?

He must have otherwise FSMP would throw an error message immediately about the incorrect bitness. 64-bit FSMP could not load the 32-bit SCVA dll at all and vice versa.

airs wrote:

..I've let it sit for ~15 minutes like that. Sound fonts work, and the Yamaha plugin works just fine.
Any ideas? 😕

I suspect that the dll is loaded fine and the registration process of SCVA is stalled for unknown reason.
What version of SCVA is this? The offline or the cloud version? I think even the offline one requires active internet connection during the registration process so you should check that you have a working net and no security software or AV solution interfere with the process. You should try to disable your firewall/AV temporarily.
Also you could try another host such as SAVIHost at least until the registration process is completed (although I seriously doubt this is an FSMP related problem, trying SAVIHost could not hurt).

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 572 of 741, by airs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:
He must have otherwise FSMP would throw an error message immediately about the incorrect bitness. 64-bit FSMP could not load the […]
Show full quote
kolderman wrote:

You have the 32-bit version of midiplayer? Selecting the correct file to load in the plugin?

He must have otherwise FSMP would throw an error message immediately about the incorrect bitness. 64-bit FSMP could not load the 32-bit SCVA dll at all and vice versa.

airs wrote:

..I've let it sit for ~15 minutes like that. Sound fonts work, and the Yamaha plugin works just fine.
Any ideas? 😕

I suspect that the dll is loaded fine and the registration process of SCVA is stalled for unknown reason.
What version of SCVA is this? The offline or the cloud version? I think even the offline one requires active internet connection during the registration process so you should check that you have a working net and no security software or AV solution interfere with the process. You should try to disable your firewall/AV temporarily.
Also you could try another host such as SAVIHost at least until the registration process is completed (although I seriously doubt this is an FSMP related problem, trying SAVIHost could not hurt).

This is the offline version. Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into AV/firewall. Interestingly, the plugin works with FSMP just fine on two other computers I have.

Reply 574 of 741, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
airs wrote:

Wow this Roland software is terrible. Reinstalled Windows and now the plugin loads, but when I go to activate it just says "Sound Canvas VA is running in trial mode" 😠

Why do you think you can activate it on more than 2 computers? You said you had it running on two other computers already. I had no real issues installing and activating in Win7, and I personally think it's pretty awesome, along with Munt and the Yamaha emulator 😀

Reply 575 of 741, by airs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kolderman wrote:
airs wrote:

Wow this Roland software is terrible. Reinstalled Windows and now the plugin loads, but when I go to activate it just says "Sound Canvas VA is running in trial mode" 😠

Why do you think you can activate it on more than 2 computers? You said you had it running on two other computers already. I had no real issues installing and activating in Win7, and I personally think it's pretty awesome, along with Munt and the Yamaha emulator 😀

The plugin loads on the other computers. I haven't activated it on them because those systems aren't near my retro PC.

Reply 576 of 741, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you install any kind of network blockers? Running behind pi-hole? I actually activated SC-VA through a Ubuntu router using Wireshark to observe its traffic...if I recall it just calls out to Roland and to verisign to do certificate revocations checks. As I said no problems. When you try and activate you are able to enter your username/password I assume? Maybe try calling Roland for support...you are a paying customer after-all.

Reply 577 of 741, by airs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kolderman wrote:

Do you install any kind of network blockers? Running behind pi-hole? I actually activated SC-VA through a Ubuntu router using Wireshark to observe its traffic...if I recall it just calls out to Roland and to verisign to do certificate revocations checks. As I said no problems. When you try and activate you are able to enter your username/password I assume? Maybe try calling Roland for support...you are a paying customer after-all.

Yeah, I use a pi-hole. Tried disabling it just now and it still doesn't work. Decided to use one activation on my main PC just now and that worked just fine, so it's not related to my network. There's something about this laptop that Roland's software doesn't like. I really wish I could figure it out though because it's the perfect solution for my space 🙁

Reply 579 of 741, by EmperorGrieferus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.
I read here that some user deleted "Activator" and "com.roland.activator" folders to make SCVA work.
I did this, but message "Your trial period has expired" is still appears.
What to do?