Topic actions

Reply 60 of 247, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
easy_john wrote:
sprcorreia wrote:

Logitech Soundman Games is even more rare.

Do you have a photo?

Yes. I'll upload a picture of the card.

Reply 61 of 247, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
easy_john wrote:

Not only, but in general - yes, since mostly ISA cards was released in small batch.
Do you know rare non-ISA PC soundcards?

The general availability of PCMCIA sound cards is somewhat low, or even very low for certain models.

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 62 of 247, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lolo799 wrote:

The general availability of PCMCIA sound cards is somewhat low, or even very low for certain models.

Oh, forget about pcmcia sound. Yes, they all are rare, but for now I don't think, that we should add them in list. But you can, if you wish to track and update this part of list.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 63 of 247, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I separated out a few of the wavetable entries, people may want to update their entries. Also added that "The Entertainer" board.

To repeat what's been said: Entries still to be added that were mentioned in this thread:

- Creative AWE64gold2
- DynaSonix 3D (not pro)
- Logitech Soundman Games
- Primax Soundstormwave sound-m16b / Synergy Advanced Technology Inc. / Primax SoundStorm Wave (GF1) - there are two variants of cards from the well known scanner and mouse producer. Re-labeled Altrasound as Sound M-16B and different Sound M-16C with 4x CD-ROM Interfaces.
- Multiwave Innovation AudioWave Platinum 16
- Synergy ViperMAX (GF1) - same card later repacked as UltraSound Extreme, but with only 512 kB RAM on board.
- PC version of the Mockingboard which was never released.
- Tandy 1000 sound developer board
- Hearsay 1000
- UltraPromise-2 GUS clone
- PCMCIA sound cards

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 64 of 247, by seob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

suddenly:

- Primax SoundStorm Wave (GF1) - there are two variants of cards from the well known scanner and mouse producer. Re-labeled Altrasound as Sound M-16B and different Sound M-16C with 4x CD-ROM Interfaces.
- Synergy ViperMAX (GF1) - same card later repacked as UltraSound Extreme, but with only 512 kB RAM on board.

The picture with the 2 green cards floating through this thread should be the Primax SoundStorm Wave. The Synergy Vipermax might be a bit more rare than the GUS Extreme, I'm only aware of a handful of those.

No they are not primax soundstorm waves. The soundman wave has three cdrom interfaces, the ones i got have only a ide controller. Boardlayout is totally different. The ultrasound compatible writing is different. And it makes no sense that the primax got a fcc code, and my board not.
Also the soundman has four headphone jacks, mine has only three.

image.jpg
Filename
image.jpg
File size
208.61 KiB
Views
File comment
Soundman
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
image.jpg
Filename
image.jpg
File size
2.26 MiB
Views
File comment
Unknown
File license

Reply 65 of 247, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

I separated out a few of the wavetable entries, people may want to update their entries. Also added that "The Entertainer" board.

To repeat what's been said: Entries still to be added that were mentioned in this thread:

- Yamaha SW60XG

The Yamaha SW60XG was there originally but was removed as the general consensus is that this card is not rare. And i agree. Actually, the original Ad Lib card might be more rare.

Reply 66 of 247, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
carlostex wrote:
Stiletto wrote:

- Yamaha SW60XG

The Yamaha SW60XG was there originally but was removed as the general consensus is that this card is not rare. And i agree. Actually, the original Ad Lib card might be more rare.

Alright 😀

Stiletto

Reply 67 of 247, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd remove "The Entertainer" for now, until the actual existence of that card has been confirmed. May have been an Innovation SSI-2001 prototype and/or prelimary design proposal that was never realized, but was overlooked to be removed in the final version of that game which has the settings for it. If it comes to that, we could also add the Gravis Soundbuddy (GUS ACE prototype), the UltraSound Defiant (GUS PnP Prototype) and the Creative KillerCard (Soundblaster 1.0/1.5 Prototype).
My proposal would be to limit the list to actual, commercially released cards - even when they were just very limited (like the SSI-2001) or distributed via uncommon channels (the PC Mockingbird was just advertised via small ads in PC magazines if I'm not wrong and there is 1 card known to still exist so far).

I'd also remove the M16C all together ... back when I was still collecting I had 3 or 4 of those and they pop up every once in a while on (German) eBay.
The "Gravis UltraSound compatible" seen in that picture was never rebranded when they were sold as the GUS CD3.
http://i.imgur.com/hm4sn51.jpg

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 68 of 247, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

I'd remove "The Entertainer" for now, until the actual existence of that card has been confirmed.

Yes.

shock__ wrote:

If it comes to that, we could also add the Gravis Soundbuddy (GUS ACE prototype), the UltraSound Defiant (GUS PnP Prototype) and the Creative KillerCard (Soundblaster 1.0/1.5 Prototype).

It's depend of number of boards public available. If it's more that 5-10 - they can be listed, as for me.
Do you have an photos?

shock__ wrote:

I'd also remove the M16C all together

I'd like to keep it for a while.

Last edited by easy_john on 2016-03-22, 21:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 69 of 247, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm aware of photos for all of them, but don't any.

dump:
Killercard: http://i.imgur.com/OWsGbhw.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/kT0xaQu.jpg (owned by "anonymous_coward" - I think he's registered on here)
UltraSound SoundBuddy: http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/w … otype_front.jpg
UltraSound/InterWave Defiant: https://pp.vk.me/c4153/u5039199/95209756/x_e6bd06c7.jpg

[Z?]

Reply 70 of 247, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Or you could make a second sheet and move the unproven ones there... 😉

Stiletto

Reply 72 of 247, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

M16C = Primax Music Sound

http://i.imgur.com/aq9Eimo.jpg (next to the DynaSonix box [nopes, all of that has been sold off])

[Z?]

Reply 73 of 247, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know if it's truly rare or not, but the fact that I've seen only a single Reveal SC500 on eBay in the past year (found only after it had already sold) and don't know anyone else on here or Amibay who has one makes me think it is excruciatingly uncommon. I'm still looking for one to complete a retro rebuild, but I'm thinking I will never get one. D:

SC500R3.JPG
Filename
SC500R3.JPG
File size
364.59 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 75 of 247, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lord Nightmare is curious:

Lord Nightmare wrote:

did anyone find a Votalker IB card, or the uber-rare Votalker IB 2000?

These are speech synth cards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Votrax#Official

Stiletto

Reply 76 of 247, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't know if this counts as rare but I have - somewhere - an ATI Stereo F/X CD. Nothing particularly special about it, but never seen another one.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 78 of 247, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

Don't know if this counts as rare but I have - somewhere - an ATI Stereo F/X CD. Nothing particularly special about it, but never seen another one.

It could be added. I own 2 of them. These are not extremely rare but rather uncommon.