Rank

These boards also have SB-Link:
Chaintech 6BDU
Chaintech 6BTS
Chaintech 6BTA3
Chaintech 6BTA2
Chaintech 6BTA
Chaintech 6BTM

Chaintech 6BTM0 board. Soft Menu (It is not perfect, but....), 3x ISA, SB-Link, Tualatin unofficial support, but works fine.Really good board.

Yeah, 6BTM is one of the best boards for Slot1. It has anything I need (4 DIMM, 3 ISA, Soft menu, USB legacy support for DOS, old good AWARD bios (my fetish 🤣) with many tunables and it's fast!
The only downside is average reliability. Much people complain about damaged fan controller. Personally I'm not affected by this: I connect fans to DC regulator which connected directly to PSU with molex.

- C&C: Red Alert Archive project
QDI Titanium IIB / P55C-200 / 64Mb RAM / 8Gb IDE CF / ATi 3D Rage Pro 8Mb / Sound Blaster CT2890 / 3D Blaster CT6670

Reply 81 of 127, by timitt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Abit AB-BM6 (also 440BX motherboard) seems to have SB-LINK too. This was first time I actually looked after what it is. Seems that I haven't missed too much not knowing.

Reply 84 of 127, by forteller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know what does "TEST" header do on Epox 8NPA7I? It is located near ALC655 codec and is arranged like SB-Link. Would it be possible for such modern-ish board with nForce 4 to have SB-Link connector? nForce 4 does not have Windows 98 support, so it's usefulness would be limited. A lot of Epoxes from this period have this connector.

2017: 7800X@4,6G / X299 / 32GB / GTX 1080 / SM961 256GB+2x256GB RAID0 / G710+ / G402 / U2713H
2003: P4 2,8C@3,4G / IS7 / 2GB / AIW9700Pro / 160GB+2x40GB RAID0 / SK-8000 / IMO 1.1A / G200
2000: K6-3+@600M / 591P / 384MB / Voodoo3+1 / GUS+AWE32 / 40GB

Reply 86 of 127, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MSI MS-6168 ver 2 (440ZX, micro ATX) has solder pads for SB-Link, also QDI Legend VI (440LX, Baby AT) has an SB-Link connector

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 87 of 127, by DNSDies

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, after buying SIX different broken motherboards (the final one being repairable by salvaging a SOT-23 chip from a different broken board), I can finally confirm that the ECS L7VMM2 1.0a motherboard does NOT have pc/pci support. The port on that version only provides Serial IRQ.

Still looking for a working L7VMM 1.1 where it has PC_PCI marked on the port.

Reply 88 of 127, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PARUS wrote:

I don't know what is it but it can not be SB-Link. No doubt. nF4 never supported PCI Legacy DMA in any format.

If i remember correctly, none of the nforces supported PCI Legacy DMA at all, even the older nforce 1/2 chipsets for Athlon XP

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 89 of 127, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Carlos S. M. wrote:
PARUS wrote:

I don't know what is it but it can not be SB-Link. No doubt. nF4 never supported PCI Legacy DMA in any format.

If i remember correctly, none of the nforces supported PCI Legacy DMA at all, even the older nforce 1/2 chipsets for Athlon XP

something about NMI not working properly on the nforce chipset. I tried for a whole weekend to get it working for the SB Live only to discover the bad news that i was wasting my time - won't work in DOS and windows too.

Reply 90 of 127, by DNSDies

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DNSDies wrote:

So, after buying SIX different broken motherboards (the final one being repairable by salvaging a SOT-23 chip from a different broken board), I can finally confirm that the ECS L7VMM2 1.0a motherboard does NOT have pc/pci support. The port on that version only provides Serial IRQ.

Still looking for a working L7VMM 1.1 where it has PC_PCI marked on the port.

Found a manual where it says the port is NOT PC_PCI.
It's PC_PC1. Once again, serial IRQ only. The DMA GNT/REQ lines are not hooked up from the southbridge.

There is still hope that the Shuttle MK32 might have real PC/PCI.

Reply 91 of 127, by truemaster

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

found another board that propably have pc-pci although it says sur cen instead of pc-pci. its a gigabyte p4 titan 533

Attachments

• southbridge.jpg
    Filename
    southbridge.jpg
    File size
    1.29 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • northbridge.jpg
    Filename
    northbridge.jpg
    File size
    1.09 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • mobo.jpg
    Filename
    mobo.jpg
    File size
    1.07 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • conector.jpg
    Filename
    conector.jpg
    File size
    1.13 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 92 of 127, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

found another board that propably have pc-pci although it says sur cen instead of pc-pci.

No, it's not SB-Link and has absolutely different pinout.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 93 of 127, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My GA-BX2000 Board (440BX Slot 1) has one, too.
https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/m … 2000_1101_e.pdf
(pg. 37, 39)

Wouldn't it be nice to have all these infos in a clean list on the first page of this thread, or maybe the wiki, like this list:
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/List_of_ … 70_motherboards
? Don't look at the newbie!

I'm curious, are there any boards modern enough to not have any ISA slots? (No, I did not check all that were listed here.)
Thus actually needing this thing?

I like jumpers.

Reply 94 of 127, by gex85

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Epox EP-BX3 has the SB-LINK header, too.

To make this thread a real list (like the title suggests) it would be really helpful to update the first post from time to time so it contains all the boards that have been listed in the replies...

My retro computers

Reply 97 of 127, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Going through my boards I found a couple i810 boards that I will be getting rid of that have the PC/PCI / SB-Link header.

1. ASUS MEW-VM - HP OEM board

HP_ASUS_MEW-VM.jpg
Filename
HP_ASUS_MEW-VM.jpg
File size
675.23 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
HP_ASUS_MEW-VM_header.jpg
Filename
HP_ASUS_MEW-VM_header.jpg
File size
587.89 KiB
Views
File license

2. Anaheim2 - This one was made for eMachines, but from what I could find it was an OEM board that was used in a bunch of differently branded computers.

eMachines_Anaheim2.jpg
Filename
eMachines_Anaheim2.jpg
File size
625.85 KiB
Views
File license
eMachines_Anaheim2_header.jpg
Filename
eMachines_Anaheim2_header.jpg
File size
716.66 KiB
Views
File license

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 98 of 127, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
truemaster wrote on 2020-01-31, 09:13:

found another board that propably have pc-pci although it says sur cen instead of pc-pci. its a gigabyte p4 titan 533

SUR CEN is most likely a header to connect a breakout cable for stereo surround and mono center audio channels.

Reply 99 of 127, by vitalm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ACORP 6BX81, 6ZX81, 6VIA81 have SB-Link connector.

W98SE+NUSB3.3, 7AJA2 (KT133A+686B), Athlon XP-M (3x100-16.5x150 MHz), FX5900, Voodoo1, AWE64 ISA (VXD) connected to Line-In of Vortex2 rev.B0AAAA (VXD 2041) for DOS games CD Audio emulation by Daemon Tools 3.47 (volume can be changed in DT drive settings)