VOGONS

Reply 81 of 85, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mikejolley wrote on 2023-04-22, 20:31:

@cyclone3d The link in your sig is not public ("Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers"). Would you mind opening it up again please? Cheers 😀

Lemme see what I can do. I keep approving requests and pretty sure I tried changing it once and it didn't help... Stand by.

Ugghhhh... The max signature length is super short now and I am unable to even share 2 links in my sig.

The one you requested has been updated though.

Edit 2: Having to use a URL shortener is really stupid... other links I had incoming.

Edit 3: even with the shortened URLs, I still can't add them all back... UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Edit 4: There we go. Had to shorten descriptions but got them all.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 83 of 85, by madcat1990

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

can someone help me patch this for the Via VT8233 PCI to ISA bridge?
VID : 1106
DEV : 3177

( Sorry to necro an old thread =/ )

Edit:

After reading the thread, I think i figured out how to do it. attached is my attempt for a VT8233 chipset.

Problem is, I still get "codec might not be connected" when I try to use this, even with dsdma.

But other IRQ settings now show where they haven't before. Progress I guess!

Attachments

• Filename
    setupds.zip
    File size
    84.06 KiB
    Downloads
    20 downloads
    File comment
    VT8233 patched Setupds
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 84 of 85, by loveburn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
moog wrote on 2020-10-18, 01:20:

INTA#.

Help me pls, inside setupds the sound card detects and working fine on intairq ddma (0) but after run setupds /s irq set to 127 automatically, what wrong?)

Picture

IMG-20240208-082028.jpg

UPD: it's working in pure dos, but on DMA0 only ( and IRQ for 724f is 5 or you must manually change the irq to 11 value on game setup, and of course in windows legacy not working! If I am use irq11 for pci slot, in windows legacy mode is take values 220x5x1, but if I try test the sounds in duke3d setup, the machine is crashing

Reply 85 of 85, by moog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't have a Yamaha YMF724 anymore. I gave it to my younger brother. This kind of thing usually happens if there's an IRQ conflict.

Audigy 2 ZS in FreeDOS
LinLin adapter documentation
+ various capacitor list threads